Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Harley-Davidson Blackline Softail (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/17485-2011-harley-davidson-blackline-softail.html)

Kevin_Duke 03-31-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bt13 (Post 257765)
i respond to the review of harley's new blackline.. review claims the retail price was just shy of $16000.... HOWEVER, 1 phone call to a harley dealership in sydney australia laughed at that price and quoted me $28500..Hmm , Please Explain?!?!?! bt.:rolleyes:

Move to America! :)

A Star Ride 03-31-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bt13 (Post 257765)
i respond to the review of harley's new blackline.. review claims the retail price was just shy of $16000.... HOWEVER, 1 phone call to a harley dealership in sydney australia laughed at that price and quoted me $28500..Hmm , Please Explain?!?!?! bt.:rolleyes:

2011 Harley-Davidson FXS Softail Blackline for sale in Lisle, Illinois - CycleTrader.com

I'm sure $12K will get it shipped anywhere. Offer to sell your dealer them for $20K. $15,400 - 16 seems the going rate here.

Morbo the Destroyer 04-01-2011 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Star Ride (Post 257776)
2011 Harley-Davidson FXS Softail Blackline for sale in Lisle, Illinois - CycleTrader.com

I'm sure $12K will get it shipped anywhere. Offer to sell your dealer them for $20K. $15,400 - 16 seems the going rate here.

It's got to be import duties and taxes that run the price up.

The Suzuki factory rep told me an interesting story at Daytona. He said the Japanese can't buy their own bikes above a certain displacement. So, they ship a bike to Hawaii or Singapore and "sell" it there, then turn around an "import" it back to Japan.

Sir_Angus 05-23-2011 12:05 PM

Now for something completely different ...

I checked one out @ a dealer. They're nice, but I don't care for the riding position or the "bare necessities" for a premium sticker price. It did sell for MSRP before hitting the showroom.

As I've said before I like the Victory design, but the aftermarket & dealer network worries me. I leaning towards a Harley for the next purchase just for those reasons.

Kevin_Duke 05-23-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Angus (Post 260318)
Now for something completely different ...

I checked one out @ a dealer. They're nice, but I don't care for the riding position or the "bare necessities" for a premium sticker price. It did sell for MSRP before hitting the showroom.

As I've said before I like the Victory design, but the aftermarket & dealer network worries me. I leaning towards a Harley for the next purchase just for those reasons.

Then you might appreciate the accessory handlebar that is 4 inches closer. Just bolt it on!

Oh, BTW, I would worry too much about problems with Victorys, as they seem to hold up very well.

Sir_Angus 05-25-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 260328)
Then you might appreciate the accessory handlebar that is 4 inches closer. Just bolt it on!

It goes torwards me same feelings about the newer HDs engine overheating. I won't pay a premium price for a fixxer-upper & this bike (despite its good looks) felt like that to me with all things considered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 260328)
Oh, BTW, I would worry too much about problems with Victorys, as they seem to hold up very well.

Yeah, other than the typical Harley guy complaints they seem to be good reliable bikes, but the nearest dealer is 2+ hrs away from me. Also, the availability of parts during an emergency breakdown is a bit worrisome. For parts & service, the difference between HD & Vic is like that of Chevy & Lamborghini. Having owned a lambo let me tell you that's the REAL hidden expense to owning an exotic. Purchase price is minor in comparison.