Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
ampoy1234
Registered Member

Default What's the best Bike/Motorcycle you ever Ride?

Answers to this poll question will be posted to my blog.

motorist passion

Last edited by ampoy1234 : 01-20-2011 at 12:52 AM.
ampoy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

A Schwinn "Apple-Crate." Wish I still had it.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
pushrod
Founding Member

Although I love my Sprint ST, I'm with Ken on this one.

My (really heavy) Bridgestone 12-speed bike that hauled me all over Clark AB during High School is probably my 'best' bike. I 'custom' built it using parts from other broken bikes I bought cheap at the BX.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
pplassm
Founding Member

I remember my first bike, too. A Schwinn "Stingray", with a "Cheater Slick" on the back.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
pushrod
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
I remember my first bike, too. A Schwinn "Stingray", with a "Cheater Slick" on the back.

The bike I had before the Bridgestone was a Huffy knock-off of the Stingray. My memory is foggy, but I want to say it was the one that had a steering wheel, a skinny front tire and a big slick on the back. It was Orange, with white pinstriping. I remember my fat @ss kept breaking the sissy bar at the boltholes where the seat mounted.

It was stolen from my front door. Thus the Big 'Stone.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Grey Ghost

Mine was the Grey Ghost.I also had a unicycle.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
A Star Ride
Registered Member

I had a badass black & orange bike with a plastic gastank (with removable fuel cap). #55 placards on the handlebar & under the tank where the motor was supposed to be. Ohh and ace of spades held via clothespin hitting the spokes for "motor" sounds. Soda can properly run over, pinching knobby tires after it hits the forks will make good motor sounds too.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

1955 Lambretta 150. Bought it at a garage sale for $10.00 when I was thirteen, fixed the igniiton & carb, rode it for three years, never registered it, put a license plate off a BSA on it. Never got pulled over, it never quit on me. Sold it to a buddy who rode it off a cliff in Griffith Park, it's still there probably. Best bicycle was a 1950's Mammoth with giant fenders, springer front forks and a fake gas tank/headlight(s) combo, chrome and red. Baloon whitewall tyres. Weighed fifty pounds at least, built up the calves.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

My first big bike was a huffy with two L shaped chromed pieces that were supposed to be the handlebars. You could ride with no hands like a champ but because of the shape you couldn't hold a wheelie no matter your skill level. Terrible design Huffy!
Old 01-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

My favorite bike is one that ran and/or didn't run when it felt like it. 1969 Triumph rigid framed bike. You could be travelling down the road at speed and it would suddenly take a nap. After the third time that happened I don't think I left the slow lane for the next two years. With every fresh tank of gas you would have to add a fresh qt of oil. I loved that bike.