Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2011 Easyriders Bike Show Report

Original Article:
2011 Easyriders Bike Show Report

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Easyriders Bike Show Report in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

How about all those Mongols hanging around the bathrooms? It was like 7th grade again, except they didn't take my lunch money this time.

And how about that Stunter Jason and his opening act? Ahem.

Guess you didn't get over to the Brit bike seciton, nice stuff, like a Black Shadow, a few old Triumphs and an Ariel Square Four.

Ta ta
Old 01-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
How about all those Mongols hanging around the bathrooms? It was like 7th grade again, except they didn't take my lunch money this time.

And how about that Stunter Jason and his opening act? Ahem.

Guess you didn't get over to the Brit bike seciton, nice stuff, like a Black Shadow, a few old Triumphs and an Ariel Square Four.

Ta ta
I'll get the video link to you doing wheelies in your chair posted to this article on Monday.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Thanks KD. I was going to take a pic of the Mongol Hord but was afraid they'd take my "spirit box" away and smash it up.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Has the custom Harley/chopper bike scene truly devolved into the horror depicted here?

An actor from a television show about a criminal motorcycle club is the most interesting display?

Clapped-out ho's in cheezy lingere and too much makeup?

Bikes that are rolling charicatures of themselves?

Hunter Thompson said "when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." I'd paraphrase it here as: "when the RUBs get a teevee show, the teevee show is the show."

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #6
pplassm
Founding Member

Welcome to motorcycling, as defined in the USA! And, unfortunately, that's the way the non-riding public views us.

I went to the DC IMS show this weekend, and saw Jason Britton perform there, too. OK, all you "stuntas", you guys have a really long way to go. Watch Christian Pfieffer, or any other polished act, and you'll know what I mean. Britton's performance was stilted, unchoreographed, and plain boring.

Pfeiffer, on the other hand, keeps you on your toes the entire time, and each stunt is upstaged by the next. I am sure it helps that he has a trials background.

Last edited by pplassm : 01-18-2011 at 11:04 AM.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Welcome to motorcycling, as defined in the USA! And, unfortunately, that's the way the non-riding public views us.

I went to the DC IMS show this weekend, and saw Jason Britton perform there, too. OK, all you "stuntas", you guys have a really long way to go. Watch Christian Pfieffer, or any other polished act, and you'll know what I mean. Britton's performance was stilted, unchoreographed, and plain boring.

Pfeiffer, on the other hand, keeps you on your toes the entire time, and each stunt is upstaged by the next. I am sure it helps that he has a trials background.
I caught an exhibition he did once at the 2nd NHRA Sears Craftsman Nationals Lo, these many years agone. Christian was Good before he was Famous, you can bet.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Yeah well the stunter at the Easy Rider show did it on a stock (except for the front forks) 560 lb. Sportster. It was scary to watch, as at any moment the damn thing might of highsided into the crowd hanging off the barrier, and squashed several dozen spectators, like Pierre LeVaugh in the magnesium Mercedes at LeMans back in '55.

1955 Le Mans disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He did have a Gas Gas for more refined stunts, but the biggest draw was when he was on the HD. Pretty amazing.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Nice photos. What a sight to see!

Oh, yeah! The bikes were pretty nice, too.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #10
12er
Founding Member

Seen one stunt show, seen them all. Or maybe I have seen them all... hmmm. Take it back, Watched the Vid, Nice Wheelies Cuddy. I think your Chair was the coolest ride there by a longshot.

Last edited by 12er : 01-18-2011 at 05:55 PM.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote