Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Motorcycle History: Part 1 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/17406-motorcycle-history-part-1-a.html)

Administrator 01-12-2011 03:26 PM

Motorcycle History: Part 1

Original Article:
Motorcycle History: Part 1

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Motorcycle History: Part 1 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

mscuddy 01-12-2011 05:45 PM

Cool stuff there amigo. No mention of Didier Soupape I see...

Morbo the Destroyer 01-13-2011 09:07 AM

Excellent! I'm looking forward to future installments of this. It's well written, has great illustrations, and covers some new (for me) material.

I particularly liked the Victorian version of Evil Kenevil!

Kevin_Duke 01-13-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 254529)
Excellent! I'm looking forward to future installments of this. It's well written, has great illustrations, and covers some new (for me) material.

I particularly liked the Victorian version of Evil Kenevil!

I'm an avid reader about all things motorcycle, and this article was full of info I haven't read before. Good stuff, and more to follow!

If you guys like this kind of article, pass the link around to your friends and post it on your Facebook wall. Our bike reviews get the vast majority of our traffic, so feature-y stuff like this isn't regarded as equally valuable, relatively speaking. It's all about the numbers.

Personally, I love feature-type articles and believe they augment MO's worth. Bike reviews can be found everywhere. This article can't.

pplassm 01-13-2011 12:13 PM

Cool!

BTW, "Einspur" means "ONE track", not "on track".

Morbo the Destroyer 01-13-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 254533)
If you guys like this kind of article, pass the link around to your friends and post it on your Facebook wall. Our bike reviews get the vast majority of our traffic, so feature-y stuff like this isn't regarded as equally valuable, relatively speaking. It's all about the numbers.

I'll post the link over at Stromtrooper.com.

Kevin_Duke 01-13-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 254534)
Cool!

BTW, "Einspur" means "ONE track", not "on track".

Oops! I shoulda caught that.

Kevin_Duke 01-13-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 254535)
I'll post the link over at Stromtrooper.com.

Gracias, amigo!

bikeseamus 01-14-2011 06:12 PM

Sylvester Roper invented the motorcycle in 1869. He was an American.
He later died at 73 on his third model. His bikes were steam powered, they were not 3 or 4 wheelers, and they were not converted bicycles. His first patent application was in 1869, for a machine he had completed and ridden. He should be mentioned as the inventor. Google him up. He didn't market them, but he was the original inventor.

bikeseamus 01-14-2011 06:14 PM

Inventor of the motorcycle

Sylvester Roper invented the motorcycle in 1869. He was an American.
He later died at 73 on his third model. His bikes were steam powered, they were not 3 or 4 wheelers, and they were not converted bicycles. His first patent application was in 1869, for a machine he had completed and ridden. He should be mentioned as the inventor. Google him up. He didn't market them, but he was the original inventor.