Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #21
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Chang View Post
Hi friend,
I would like to add few comments regarding the history of the motorcycle. Hope it will be useful for everyone. Before world war 1 Indian motorcycle was the most popular motorcycle company. After the war, Harley Davidson took over the number one spot until 1928 when DKW became the leading motorcycle manufacturer in the world.

Thanks
Sara Chang
Sara,
I think everyone here at Motorcycle.com owes you a debt of gratitude for the time and sacrafice that you have invested in this brilliant analysis of the early days of motorcycle manufacturing. Personally, I've never seen such a concise grasp of the topic, the clarity and insight your post is only overshadowed by the depth of your insights into the topic.

I'm certain I speak for all of the Motorcycle.com readers, members, writers, editors, and management, when I express my abiding hope that you will continue to bless us with your encyclopediac knowledge of the history of motorcycles.

Bravo, Sara. Bravo.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #22
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
Sara,
I think everyone here at Motorcycle.com owes you a debt of gratitude for the time and sacrafice that you have invested in this brilliant analysis of the early days of motorcycle manufacturing. Personally, I've never seen such a concise grasp of the topic, the clarity and insight your post is only overshadowed by the depth of your insights into the topic.

I'm certain I speak for all of the Motorcycle.com readers, members, writers, editors, and management, when I express my abiding hope that you will continue to bless us with your encyclopediac knowledge of the history of motorcycles.

Bravo, Sara. Bravo.
Preach it, Brother Ken! Preach it!
Old 01-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #23
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Never heard of DWK Motorcycles, but I am no scholar on the history of motorcycles, or anything else for that matter.
And well written Ken.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #24
pplassm
Founding Member

Hell, I used to race a DKW.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:17 AM   #25
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Preach it, Brother Ken! Preach it!
It galls me to death that these retards think they're fooling anyone with their stupid posts that are just an excuse to post their link to sell crap. I wish they'd realize that insulting my intelligence in that manner is the BEST POSSIBLE WAY to insure I will NEVER purchase ANYTHING from them.

Hey Sara, just post your damn link in the Vendors forum where it belongs.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #26
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post

Hey Sara, just post your damn link in the Vendors forum where it belongs.
Ladies man