Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-10-2011, 06:42 AM   #11
shalbleib
Founding Member

to acecycleins: then how about you give us the stats on how many motorcycle riders will have an accident of $50k proportion in their lifetime?? my guess is it'll be on par w/ winning the lotto. so while $10-20/mth isn't a big deal, it ends up being approx $150yr x 40 = $6000. add on the fact that your cable provider put the Speed channel on some sh_t package that costs you an extra $10/mth, your latest girlfriend loves to text and that provider would like another $10/mth, etc. and so on, and SOME people might just see this as a way to nickel and dime people out of thousands of dollars... i'm just sayin.
shalbleib is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

You guys rock. Thanks. King- what I do vs the competition is highly focused and there's not a huge commission rate. Tell me how many average $350 annual policy deals you'd have to sell at 15% commission to survive? It's not easy. I truly do this for the love of the ride like I said.
Mr Destroyer is right. I am probably the ONLY agent you will ever deal with that will tell you directly if you can get a better deal outside my agency. Further, the limits of liability aren't what's costing you. It's the comp and collision coverage that gets you. I have NEVER told a purposeful untruth to ANY customer or prospective customer for gain. That's unethical. I pride myself and agency on doing the right thing for my base. Always will.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #13
acecycleins
Founding Member

Actually Shalblieb- If you are manage to put anyone in the hospital that has sustained an injury that requires surgery to repair you will bust the state minimum in liability in your state almost every time. And if anyone hits you and they have the minimum limits then your uninsured motorist coverage is utilized wouldn't you rather have the $50k/$100k liability limits in the event that their $25k doen'st cover your recovery?
Like I said- Vegas without show girls. Paying $75 more annnually to triple or quadruple your limits on a bike is pennies vs the cost of recovery without. You're choice. I don't twist arms. Only point out the obvious.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #14
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

To the naysayers, I'd like to add my endorsement of Kirk and his articles.

When MO decided to deliver insurance articles to our readers, I first thought of all the ways a journalist could get it wrong. And as EiC, my ignorance of the subject would be no guarantee we'd have it right by the time it made it to these pages.

Then I thought of Kirk, who I had previously known only through this forum. When I called him, it didn't take long to realize I had found the right guy. He genuinely cares about getting the best insurance deal for riders, and I was grateful to have found someone who specializes in the interests of motorcyclists. He simply was happy he'd be able to share some of his expertise in these articles.

Moreover, Kirk is such a stand-up guy that he didn't bother trying to negotiate including a link to his website in the article, which is something most would ask for. Kirk is a very genuine guy, and he's a great asset to us for having a deep understanding of a subject we should all be smarter about.

I recommend that motorcyclists with insurance questions contact Kirk. Here's his website: ::: Welcome To A.C.E. Specialty Insurance! :::
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalbleib View Post
to acecycleins: then how about you give us the stats on how many motorcycle riders will have an accident of $50k proportion in their lifetime?? my guess is it'll be on par w/ winning the lotto. so while $10-20/mth isn't a big deal, it ends up being approx $150yr x 40 = $6000. add on the fact that your cable provider put the Speed channel on some sh_t package that costs you an extra $10/mth, your latest girlfriend loves to text and that provider would like another $10/mth, etc. and so on, and SOME people might just see this as a way to nickel and dime people out of thousands of dollars... i'm just sayin.
2002 My Wife had a lowside-crash in the North Georgia mountains - she had a closed displacement fracture of the Humeral Head: essentially, nothing but an immobilization-sling and pain meds was all that could be done. NOT counting the Ambulance ride, or the Volunteer Rescue people - it cost us (and our Insurance, who paid 60% of the base fees) close to $30,000. For "nothing" essentially. I can only think the cost would be higher today.

Hopefully, you're never involved in a crash, and if you are - here's a double-wish that you never injure someone else. We did everything we could to save a few bucks on this, WITHOUT shortchanging my Wife's care.

Someone that feels that "This is all YOUR fault, so YOU are paying for it!" might not be so inclined to save a few bucks here and there.

I'm just sayin'.

I'm not replying here necessarily to defend Kirk - he's got it covered himself. I'm just providing you with ONE example, of a fairly "light" crash, that involved NO surgery, NO blood-transfusions, and NO Hospital stay. I'm merely urging you to NOT put yourself on the short-end of a Life-ruining Lawsuit, just to save $50 a year on Insurance.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 01-10-2011 at 11:04 AM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote