Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Top 10 Hottest Bikes of 2011 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/17291-top-10-hottest-bikes-2011-a.html)

Administrator 12-23-2010 12:31 PM

Top 10 Hottest Bikes of 2011

Original Article:
Top 10 Hottest Bikes of 2011

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Top 10 Hottest Bikes of 2011 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

schizuki 12-24-2010 04:19 AM

0-for-10 on my interest meter.

Give me two wheels and an air-cooled engine. The older I get, the simpler I want it.

MOKE1K 12-24-2010 04:30 AM

The older I get the less I like electronics...

-I can see it, 30yrs from now I'll be riding old 750 Suzukis *****ing about all the newer stuff.

Duken4evr 12-24-2010 07:37 AM

The Gold Wing is looking even more outdated now, with the new BMW kid on the block.

Good to see Suzuki is still doggedly producing the GSXR750. It is the Goldilocks of sport bikes with a sweet blend of handling and power.

The not on the list new Ninja 1000 grabs my interest most as a do it all bike I would actually buy if in the market today. Good to see the Japanese still trying with high performance broader focus bikes in the US. The manufacturers have made missteps with these bikes in the past (my beloved FZ1 included) but the new offerings show promise. There seems to be less of the dreaded "dumbing down" going on with the new Honda and Kaw offerings.

With the new Kawi and Honda CBR and even the Dorsoduro, maybe we will "get it" in the US market this time. There has to be a few ex sport bike riders like myself who see the value in a powerful, comfortable, reasonably priced bike that is not a lifestyle statement but instead a motorcycle to actually ride and enjoy :)

All that aside, the Diavel is an interesting bike. It will be fun to see how it sells. Probably not a lot, but the guys who buy it will be on something unique :cool:

Merry Christmas MO. Good work this year!

trenttheuncatchable 12-24-2010 07:56 AM

The Ninja 1000 should be one of the hottest bikes in 2011, though maybe not the most "interesting". I would buy it over any of these also, except possibly the CB1000R. The Diavel is intriguing, but buying a brand new Ducati is not really in the cards for me.

mscuddy 12-24-2010 10:04 AM

What? No Jawa 90 in the list? Obviously a biased article.

Kevin_Duke 12-24-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 253683)
The Gold Wing is looking even more outdated now, with the new BMW kid on the block.

Good to see Suzuki is still doggedly producing the GSXR750. It is the Goldilocks of sport bikes with a sweet blend of handling and power.

The not on the list new Ninja 1000 grabs my interest most as a do it all bike I would actually buy if in the market today. Good to see the Japanese still trying with high performance broader focus bikes in the US. The manufacturers have made missteps with these bikes in the past (my beloved FZ1 included) but the new offerings show promise. There seems to be less of the dreaded "dumbing down" going on with the new Honda and Kaw offerings.

With the new Kawi and Honda CBR and even the Dorsoduro, maybe we will "get it" in the US market this time. There has to be a few ex sport bike riders like myself who see the value in a powerful, comfortable, reasonably priced bike that is not a lifestyle statement but instead a motorcycle to actually ride and enjoy :)

All that aside, the Diavel is an interesting bike. It will be fun to see how it sells. Probably not a lot, but the guys who buy it will be on something unique :cool:

Merry Christmas MO. Good work this year!

Thanks, Duken! I agree this is the time when Americans will more firmly embrace naked-ish sporty bikes. Not only is the market aging and less able to handle full-on sportbikes, but the offerings in the market are getting more interesting. It's a long time coming - and far behind the Europeans - but it's happening. We now have a BMW F800R in our garage that also speaks to this movement. I hope the OEMs don't mistake a lull in the overall market as a rejection of these kinds of bikes.

Merry Christmas and season's greetings to all. We appreciate your loyal readship and your input on this forum!

jmdonald 12-24-2010 07:59 PM

Aprilia Lust

I am old and have been riding for 40 years aside from a short respite in the late 80's early 90's.Not that that means anything.The Aprilia bikes appeal to me like no other.Well,maybe Ducati.I have always lusted after a Tuono.I guess it's because I always rode standards.When I think of the new materials and technology like ABS,Brembro Brakes,Traction Control,Carbon Fiber,Titanium Magnesium to name a few I have more of an appreciation for the modern bikes the manufacturers are producing for us.I like a simple/naked bike but never want to go back to drum brakes ****ty tires poor geometry lead batteries and greasy chains.I like these ten and have 20 more I would add to the list.MO does an outstanding job reviewing and staying current with industry trends. Keep up the good work you Bastards.

Kevin_Duke 12-25-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 253702)
I am old and have been riding for 40 years aside from a short respite in the late 80's early 90's.Not that that means anything.The Aprilia bikes appeal to me like no other.Well,maybe Ducati.I have always lusted after a Tuono.I guess it's because I always rode standards.When I think of the new materials and technology like ABS,Brembro Brakes,Traction Control,Carbon Fiber,Titanium Magnesium to name a few I have more of an appreciation for the modern bikes the manufacturers are producing for us.I like a simple/naked bike but never want to go back to drum brakes ****ty tires poor geometry lead batteries and greasy chains.I like these ten and have 20 more I would add to the list.MO does an outstanding job reviewing and staying current with industry trends. Keep up the good work you Bastards.

Thanks, JMD! We'll accept your name calling as the cost of doing business!

cloud9 12-26-2010 06:10 AM

I don't mind the technology boom that the motorcycle industry is going through as long as the rider aids

1) can be deactivated if wanted e.g. Abs, traction control, etc

2) Don't stop a rider from riding if it should malfunction such as if the abs fails or something you can still ride the motorcycle.

3) Perhaps give the consumers an option as to what they want on their bike. As the options list grows I hate to see them all grouped together like the automotive world does it. Oh you only want heated seats but you must order the entire cold weather package.

In the end the bikes will only get more complicated as the demands for a "new and improved" version is marketed as "better" than the previous model.