Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #21
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Can't wait to read about the new KTM 350 in it's enduro flavor. It may be the best bike I have not yet read about.
Very appealing to me, too.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #22
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Blinded by the roost...

Would've been a good addition to the list - agreed.
That's OK. Dirt riders are a minority here.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:20 AM   #23
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Nothing imminent, but there is a forum redo in the works.
"When YOUR FATHER gets home ALL of you are going to be IN BIG TROUBLE!! Especially YOU, Mister."

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:28 AM   #24
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Even though I haven't yet ridden Tigger, I predict excellent sales for Triumph, not just at first, but also later once word spreads. I've talked to a few journalists I respect who have already ridden it, and it's good.

Trans Alp? Did you see the Crossrunner?

From what I've seen the Crossrunner is much more street oriented, though I admit I've not seen one live and up close!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #25
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
From what I've seen the Crossrunner is much more street oriented, though I admit I've not seen one live and up close!
Indeed, the Crossrunner has minimal off-road chops by the looks of it. To my eyes, it's a confused machine, but maybe it will sell well in Europe.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:01 AM   #26
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Thanks, Push. Nothing imminent, but there is a forum redo in the works.
OH, PLEASE God, don't F-Bomb it up like sccaforums.com did! He's working on it - but even though the previous software was total poo-poo, they at least had it running at 90% or better most of the time. The new software is SO full of the most minor (yet annoying!) bugs, that I only go there about once every week to check-up and see if it's fixed. Part of it might be that they've got 70-odd individual forums running now, but I don't buy that.

UBB is total crap as well, BTW.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #27
pushrod
Founding Member

If they made this site work the same way as Triumphrat.net (another VS site, see below), perhaps without the hundreds of sub-forums, I'd be shickled titless.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #28
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
If they made this site work the same way as Triumphrat.net (another VS site, see below), perhaps without the hundreds of sub-forums, I'd be shickled titless.

I was on TriumphRat.net for years, I had over 10k posts on there. Great site. I got locked out when they did an upgrade a few years ago and since I didn't have a Triumph anymore I didn't push too hard. Give my regards to DaveM, He' was a pretty nice guy, i remember a few others as well.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #29
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Where the hell are the yanks?

Interesting list. Not only what's included but also what is excluded, such as the American bikes.

We all know there is nothing produced over there that any half-witted person could consider for this kind of a list. Not without a pretty heavy glue sniffing session. But why is that? Surely it is not the lack of engineering talent. You guys sent a man to moon with the computing power of a slide ruler more than forty years ago.

So what is it? Does the American corporate culture not allow producing world beating motorcycles (or cars for that matter)? Do these vast numbers of MBAs trained to lead companies all get brainwashed into the cult of lame-ass mechanical engineering? Or is it that anybody with any brains go to companies like Google and what's left for the motor companies are the worst scum sucking swine and drag-ass yahoos?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #30
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Interesting list. Not only what's included but also what is excluded, such as the American bikes.

We all know there is nothing produced over there that any half-witted person could consider for this kind of a list. Not without a pretty heavy glue sniffing session. But why is that? Surely it is not the lack of engineering talent. You guys sent a man to moon with the computing power of a slide ruler more than forty years ago.

So what is it? Does the American corporate culture not allow producing world beating motorcycles (or cars for that matter)? Do these vast numbers of MBAs trained to lead companies all get brainwashed into the cult of lame-ass mechanical engineering? Or is it that anybody with any brains go to companies like Google and what's left for the motor companies are the worst scum sucking swine and drag-ass yahoos?

- cruiz-euro

I will merely point out that though you may feel 'Murican made motorcycles are junk, the worldwide sales numbers for heavy weight (no pun) motorcycles shows that your opinion is in fact a minority one............

and put a shirt on, for gods sake...