Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default World Moto Clash Pre-Announced

Original Article:
World Moto Clash Pre-Announced

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article World Moto Clash Pre-Announced in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

This is an AWESOME idea. I've had the same thought many times: throw out the BS micro-management rules, tell teams to bring what they want, and hit the track. Enough with losing the race because your fuel management system throttled the bike back to meet some stupid EPA butt-kiss rule.

Will it work? If they can keep it reasonably safe, HELL yes. People will flock to a race like this; live or on TV, if it's done right. Even non-motorcycle people can figure out that a "No Rules, No BS" race series on bikes will be awesome.

Can these people make it happen? I hope so, because I want to see it.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:48 AM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

I can't wait to see 3d umbrella girl ass. Did I just say that. I'm such a dog.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
I can't wait to see 3d umbrella girl ass. Did I just say that. I'm such a dog.
"Umbrella Girl ass is proof that God wants us to get boners."

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Great idea

I love the idea.Being a family venue the umbrella girls should wear clothing of some type.Of course we all understand the value more naked chicks would add to the party.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
I love the idea.Being a family venue the umbrella girls should wear clothing of some type.Of course we all understand the value more naked chicks would add to the party.
I'll compromise with you: They can wear clothing; but it must be scanty and skin-tight.....
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
This is an AWESOME idea. I've had the same thought many times: throw out the BS micro-management rules, tell teams to bring what they want, and hit the track. Enough with losing the race because your fuel management system throttled the bike back to meet some stupid EPA butt-kiss rule.

Will it work? If they can keep it reasonably safe, HELL yes. People will flock to a race like this; live or on TV, if it's done right. Even non-motorcycle people can figure out that a "No Rules, No BS" race series on bikes will be awesome.

Can these people make it happen? I hope so, because I want to see it.
I don't do drugs, so don't take this the wrong way. But the subhead I wanted to use for this article was was: "Doing for motorcycle racing what cocaine does for a happy day ..."

Or something like that. If this guy can get a few 10s of millions for a weekend network payout, more power to him! If Hollywood artists can usher motorcycling into the big leagues, I say, go for it!

It will make a million dollar purse totally do-able, and in the process pay motorcycle racers and teams the money they deserve. I mean think about it: you hear of some guy who swings a bat or golf club getting a contract for $6M, $10M, more ... ?

This is just the spike the MC industry could use. You know something's wrong when Tiger Woods can pay a $100M divorce settlement while uber-talented riders are dying on the vine in obscurity, or living on insufficient pay.

We all know motorcycle racing takes more skill, is more exciting, death defying, everything! All it needs is proper marketing. Stanford Crane proposes to do just that.

Now, at the count of three, all together: Think positive thoughts in his direction!

Jeff Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:14 AM   #8
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Well its about time! This is great news I do believe the motorsports industry could do a lot better even with cars which I rarely watch. What happened to the "run what ya brung classes" these are the most exciting races to watch the David and Goliath race(if you will).

Once watched a FZR4 go head to head with a FZR1 at talladega great race! The four hundred won! Thats what roadracing is about for me.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:16 AM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member

That would be a great spectical to have someone bring out a 500 two stroke!
Old 12-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

The DMG fiasco left a lot of people pretty unhappy with motorcycle racing. For the first time in...many years...I didn't attend the Daytona 200 last year.

It's so simple: you can race what you can qualify on. No tech inspections, no cheating (how can you cheat when there are no rules?), no gerrymandering the rules to favor one team/manufacturer/design. The potential for innovation that could come from a series like this is reason enough in itself.

Its.......A FACT!