Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmanjim View Post
While telling us all the changes and every little specification might be important to some, I found the article short on riding critique. Anyone can peruse the marketing literature and get most of the information and een discern differences if they are so inclined to do the research. What gets lost in a lot of writing is the experience. That is primarily why we read these articles as we can't test ride everything out there.
If this article didn't give you enough riding impressions, take a look through the Related Reading links. We've written about the Cross bikes at least four separate times, so you ought to find what you're looking for.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #12
macmanjim
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
If this article didn't give you enough riding impressions, take a look through the Related Reading links. We've written about the Cross bikes at least four separate times, so you ought to find what you're looking for.
I was talking about the Vaquero article specifically.

2009 R1200RT

My Motorrad
macmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #13
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmanjim View Post
I was talking about the Vaquero article specifically.
We've also written extensively about the Vulc17 platform.

American Ride documentary needs footage

American Ride documentary needs footage

British SBK Champ Steve Hislop Dies

British SBK Champ Steve Hislop Dies

(Disregard the bogus hyperlink titles - they are actually links to V17 reviews.) Ain't the internet great!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
I enjoyed the article and photos. Nicely done. I haven't noticed the videos we were seeing a while back; have they been dropped?

About the bike: the dash has a retro-cool look to it. You have to go to the CVO option on HD to get the same color-matched motif. But what about those turbine intakes on either side of the fairing? Are those functional air vents? Leave it to Kawi (Z1000) to push the styling just a bit too far. The "plump" front tire is pleasing. It resembles the one I've been growing since I quit smoking.
They're giant deer whistles Kenneth.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #15
macmanjim
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Everyone knows Deer Whistles don't work.

2009 R1200RT

My Motorrad
macmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #16
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Unhappy

I din't really notice the "egg slicers" in the black model, but in the red version... D'OH!
Old 12-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #17
anrajala
Founding Member

Default I'm sure it makes sense at the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Buzglyd, thorughout all these years I have always liked your sharp wits. But I am getting curious, what's with your byline, One Big A$$ Mistake for America?

How 'bout the previous one blowing somewhere north of 600 bn in the process of finding WMD weapons in Iraq? By now we all know it was a joke.

Personally, I am totally happy with the whole thing because it ain't my money. Its only money of the American taxpayers. Just wondering how you feel about it? What's was this thing about your sharp wits?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #18
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Buzglyd, thorughout all these years I have always liked your sharp wits. But I am getting curious, what's with your byline, One Big A$$ Mistake for America?

How 'bout the previous one blowing somewhere north of 600 bn in the process of finding WMD weapons in Iraq? By now we all know it was a joke.

Personally, I am totally happy with the whole thing because it ain't my money. Its only money of the American taxpayers. Just wondering how you feel about it? What's was this thing about your sharp wits?

- cruiz-euro
You could ask the current VP or Sec. of State. They both voted for it.

Or perhaps ask the Kurdish people who had mustard gas sprayed on them.

The Dali Obama has spent two trillion on stimulus that hasn't stimulated anything so what's 600 billion between friends?

Oh and remember when Saddam was a secular guy who wasn't involved with fanatical religious extremists?

Qur'an etched in Saddam Hussein's blood poses dilemma for Iraq leaders | World news | The Guardian

Nothing says secular like a blood Koran!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #19
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:

- cruiz-euro
Of course, a foreign National is the perfect person to comment on US Politics because, being "outside" and wholly unaffected by any policies gives them an insight that no person living within the US can ever have. Why, I bet you watch a lot of CNN......
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:24 AM   #20
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:

- cruiz-euro
You haven't been paying attention to Wikileaks, have you?

They found 30 tons of yellowcake near Baghdad. Seems Valerie Plame's husband was talking out of his @ss.