Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2011 Honda CBR250R Review

Original Article:
2011 Honda CBR250R Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Honda CBR250R Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
The CBR250R enjoys the world’s first roller rocker arms on any DOHC engine, with tappet clearance relying on shim adjustment.
Did you (or Honda) mean on any 250cc single-cylinder motorcycle-engine? I ask, as a roller-follower setup is quite-common on DOHC engines; has been for years.

Particularly Automobile engines.

BTW: Kudos to the cutaway-pic: I always love looking-at those type of illustration and pictures. I find the intricacies of machinery fascinating.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
12er
Founding Member

Let me guess the American versions will have some, to quote Mo "Malibu Ken paint schemes?" As I fondly remember the purple, teal, white and pink vtr 250 of the 80's.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Did you (or Honda) mean on any 250cc single-cylinder motorcycle-engine? I ask, as a roller-follower setup is quite-common on DOHC engines; has been for years.

Particularly Automobile engines.

BTW: Kudos to the cutaway-pic: I always love looking-at those type of illustration and pictures. I find the intricacies of machinery fascinating.
Hmmm, when I went through the article for edits, I assumed Mr. Cooper had an inside line on accurate info... Anyway, full tech info from Mr. Cobb shortly.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:40 AM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Exclamation Oh yeah baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Let me guess the American versions will have some, to quote Mo "Malibu Ken paint schemes?" As I fondly remember the purple, teal, white and pink vtr 250 of the 80's.
THE BARBIECEPTOR!
Old 12-09-2010, 03:41 AM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

The ABS, what happen to the good ole days, rights of passage and all that crap. Now these kids won't even learn anything...
Old 12-09-2010, 05:12 AM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

Moke- Kiddie's today don't know how to stop safely. They've had ABS in cars since they were driving age.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:29 AM   #8
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

This is a really great bike, one MoFos have been saying we need in the US for years. I think it'll bring a lot of new riders into the sport and keep them in it by having a good first bike experience. It's also going to give Kawi some competition in a segment it's had exclusive ownership of for a decade or more. Like BMW did at the high-end, this Honda at the low-end will drive improvements in Kawi's bike, and may even draw more manufacturers into the segment.

My only regret is that they didn't call it the "Unicorn Rainbow Dazzler."
But there's still time...

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #9
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Well Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
This is a really great bike, one MoFos have been saying we need in the US for years. I think it'll bring a lot of new riders into the sport and keep them in it by having a good first bike experience. It's also going to give Kawi some competition in a segment it's had exclusive ownership of for a decade or more. Like BMW did at the high-end, this Honda at the low-end will drive improvements in Kawi's bike, and may even draw more manufacturers into the segment.

My only regret is that they didn't call it the "Unicorn Rainbow Dazzler."
But there's still time...
You are spot on about this bike.This would have been my choice in high school.My first street bike was a CL175.A few years later I made the jump to a CB350.My neighbor had a Bonneville(The Bastard).Competition drives innovation.The color scheme isn't that bad.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #10
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
Like BMW did at the high-end, this Honda at the low-end will drive improvements in Kawi's bike, and may even draw more manufacturers into the segment.
I'll put up money that the 2012 Ninjette will have Europe's EFI.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote