Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Honda CBR250R Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/17185-2011-honda-cbr250r-review.html)

Administrator 12-08-2010 12:16 PM

2011 Honda CBR250R Review

Original Article:
2011 Honda CBR250R Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Honda CBR250R Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 12-08-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

The CBR250R enjoys the world’s first roller rocker arms on any DOHC engine, with tappet clearance relying on shim adjustment.
Did you (or Honda) mean on any 250cc single-cylinder motorcycle-engine? I ask, as a roller-follower setup is quite-common on DOHC engines; has been for years.

Particularly Automobile engines.

BTW: Kudos to the cutaway-pic: I always love looking-at those type of illustration and pictures. I find the intricacies of machinery fascinating.

12er 12-08-2010 02:14 PM

Let me guess the American versions will have some, to quote Mo "Malibu Ken paint schemes?" As I fondly remember the purple, teal, white and pink vtr 250 of the 80's.

Kevin_Duke 12-08-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 252973)
Did you (or Honda) mean on any 250cc single-cylinder motorcycle-engine? I ask, as a roller-follower setup is quite-common on DOHC engines; has been for years.

Particularly Automobile engines.

BTW: Kudos to the cutaway-pic: I always love looking-at those type of illustration and pictures. I find the intricacies of machinery fascinating.

Hmmm, when I went through the article for edits, I assumed Mr. Cooper had an inside line on accurate info... Anyway, full tech info from Mr. Cobb shortly.

MOKE1K 12-09-2010 03:40 AM

Oh yeah baby!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 252980)
Let me guess the American versions will have some, to quote Mo "Malibu Ken paint schemes?" As I fondly remember the purple, teal, white and pink vtr 250 of the 80's.

THE BARBIECEPTOR!

MOKE1K 12-09-2010 03:41 AM

The ABS, what happen to the good ole days, rights of passage and all that crap. Now these kids won't even learn anything...

acecycleins 12-09-2010 05:12 AM

Moke- Kiddie's today don't know how to stop safely. They've had ABS in cars since they were driving age.

Morbo the Destroyer 12-09-2010 05:29 AM

This is a really great bike, one MoFos have been saying we need in the US for years. I think it'll bring a lot of new riders into the sport and keep them in it by having a good first bike experience. It's also going to give Kawi some competition in a segment it's had exclusive ownership of for a decade or more. Like BMW did at the high-end, this Honda at the low-end will drive improvements in Kawi's bike, and may even draw more manufacturers into the segment.

My only regret is that they didn't call it the "Unicorn Rainbow Dazzler."
But there's still time...

jmdonald 12-09-2010 06:17 AM

Well Done

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 253019)
This is a really great bike, one MoFos have been saying we need in the US for years. I think it'll bring a lot of new riders into the sport and keep them in it by having a good first bike experience. It's also going to give Kawi some competition in a segment it's had exclusive ownership of for a decade or more. Like BMW did at the high-end, this Honda at the low-end will drive improvements in Kawi's bike, and may even draw more manufacturers into the segment.

My only regret is that they didn't call it the "Unicorn Rainbow Dazzler."
But there's still time...

You are spot on about this bike.This would have been my choice in high school.My first street bike was a CL175.A few years later I made the jump to a CB350.My neighbor had a Bonneville(The Bastard).Competition drives innovation.The color scheme isn't that bad.

Kevin_Duke 12-09-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 253019)
Like BMW did at the high-end, this Honda at the low-end will drive improvements in Kawi's bike, and may even draw more manufacturers into the segment.

I'll put up money that the 2012 Ninjette will have Europe's EFI.