Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #11
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalbleib View Post
i love the idea of an electric bike. the whole twist-and-go with no real maintenance would make for a great commuter bike. one question though, what happens after the 1800 charges?? In theory if you rode it to work every day you're charges could be up in approx 5 years. then what?
Theory is right. Since it's early in the game, we have yet to see whether they've under-promised and over-delivered. Zero and other EV makers pin charge cycle estimates on their bikes as best guesses, kind of like freshness dates on products that may last even longer. Even after 1800 cycles, it ought to have no less than 80% of its charge holding capacity (if not more) which means the bike doesn't need to be parked the moment you hit 1800. All it really means is maybe 20% decreased range. This was covered in the Electric Motorcycle Shootout under the subhead "About Those Super Expensive Batteries."
Jeff Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #12
Adrian Stewart
Registered Member

Default Brammo Marketing

Jeff will be one of the first to ride a demo Empulse when they become available next year. Before that we will get him fixed up with an Enertia Plus - its a tough life being a motorcycle journalist - but someone has to do it ... Adrian
Adrian Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #13
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Stewart View Post
Jeff will be one of the first to ride a demo Empulse when they become available next year. Before that we will get him fixed up with an Enertia Plus - its a tough life being a motorcycle journalist - but someone has to do it ... Adrian
Adrian, that email address you posted is kicking back as "Undeliverable." Did you typo it?
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #14
Adrian Stewart
Registered Member

Default Brammo Marketing

I did check it but you are right there is a problem. I will get it fixed tomorrow meanwhile you can always use astewart@brammo.com
Adrian Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #15
Rewski
Registered Member

Default DS in Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cobb View Post
Also, this bike is most reasonable in Colorado. Could make sense for all those mountaineers -

"Zero S/DS final cost is $4107 after state and federal incentives."

"Zero S/DS are eligible for a Colorado Alternative Fuel Vehicle Tax Credit of $4,888."

Source: Zero
That's why I have a DS in sunny Denver, CO! Looking forward to my rebate in 2011, but loving the commute. A bit cold this winter in the morning, and the range take a little hit in the freezing cold temperatures, but it is a joy to ride and charging it at home from my solar array makes it the greenest way to commute in a vehicle!

Adam
Rewski is offline   Reply With Quote