Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-27-2011, 11:47 PM   #21
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvaro View Post
You know, for the most part I like this Vulcan a lot, is big, have some good technology, and it looks great, good warranty etc. I own a 2003 BMW R1200 CL with 50k mls. I'm going to sell it and was thinking of the Kawasaki 1700, that is until I saw that it only packs 66 Hp. "Whata-heck", 66? my CL have 61Hp. and for its weight is absolutely under power. For 1700 cc I was hoping for something closer to 100 Hp. I am crashed.
Al
The R1200C motor actually put out just 56 hp at the rear wheel, and hp is just one way of measuring power. With 500cc extra over your R1200, the Vulcan's motor twists out 86 ft-lbs of torque at 3000 rpm. The CL generates only 65 ft-lbs, about 25% less. Arrange a test ride and let us know what you think. Most Harleys have less than 65 hp.

Last edited by Kevin_Duke : 07-27-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #22
Alvaro
Registered Member

Default Kawasaki 1700 Hp

I will set up a test ride. I am looking forward to feel 25% more power. The R1200 have been a great bike for me, specially as far as not getting speeding tickets. Before this one I owned a K1100 RS with well over 100 Hp...I miss it. I was beginning to lose faith on the Kawasaki, I really like the looks of that bike. I'll let you all know.
Al
Alvaro is offline   Reply With Quote