Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #11
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Case in point, AMA Superbike champ Josh Hayes. Watching him race, it seemed pretty evident his R1 had slightly less brute power than the front running GSXRs, but his Yam can cut a tighter line and Josh can ride ride ride
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #12
Noitall
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Well if you know anything about road racing its about what you put to the ground not just the highest horse power. Besides buddy it's not the bike it's the rider just like Kevin has mentioned. Show me any bike with the most hp and I'll show you a rider that can over come it with less, electronics or not.
Superstock BMW S1000RR - Show me a rider that beat the BM this year on less hp - check race results which speak for themselves.
Noitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #13
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitall View Post
Superstock BMW S1000RR - Show me a rider that beat the BM this year on less hp - check race results which speak for themselves.
See my previous post...
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitall View Post
I'm obviously not referring to one year in wss. And if you can't figure out my point then it's useless to discuss it.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #15
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Case in point, every single factory Honda this year in Motogp that motored most every single bike on the grid this past year, but couldn't win the championship.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #16
Noitall
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Case in point, every single factory Honda this year in Motogp that motored most every single bike on the grid this past year, but couldn't win the championship.
But in Superstock all over the World BMW did smoke every single other manufacture. All the other manufacturers had good riders but they were on inferior motorcycles.
My point is, rash statements following Journo's Jolly's in Spain do not represent the truth. They raved about the 09 R1 which was and is a pile of s--t. Forget SBK performance I cannot buy a works special.
The BMW has made average riders look good over better riders on inferior machinery.
Noitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
MOKE1K
Registered Member

No doubt the Beemer is a bad ass bike, my point is look deeper than the bike aside from the article and the Journalist. Journalist arent professional racers and they have an opinion that doesnt culminate through a year of developing and racing a specific model.

To say the R1 is a pile, is a bit of a stretch which is why I say look more closely at the rider. BMW has raised the bar no doubt but you always have to think about how the champion would have done if they switched bikes. Is it the bike or the rider? I'd much rather be a rider with enough skill to overcome a slower rider with a faster bike.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #18
Duken4evr
Founding Member

I would take the "Pile" R1 any day.

It will be very interesting to see what Larry P does on the BMW in AMA Superbike. Can't wait. Seems to me he is riding better than ever but the "old" Duc was holding him back.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:56 AM   #19
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Could have been, well see!