Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #21
Buzglyd
Founding Member

What are the sales numbers on the new VMax these days?

There's a big difference between really liking something and buying it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #22
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
What are the sales numbers on the new VMax these days?

There's a big difference between really liking something and buying it.
No OEM likes to release sales figures, but the Max hasn't done very well. I believe its lofty MSRP has priced it out of reach for many who might be interested in it.

The Diavel ain't gonna be cheap, either ($17K, $20K), but it comes with a semi-exotic Euro nameplate. It'll be interesting to see who bites and how many.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #23
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

When I told my Duc rep that the Diavel MSRPs seem a bit high, he pointed out something we didn't know. Most of the body panels on the bike (tank covers, tail section, fluid reservoirs) are made from aluminum, which is of course a lot more expensive than plastic.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #24
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
When I told my Duc rep that the Diavel MSRPs seem a bit high, he pointed out something we didn't know. Most of the body panels on the bike (tank covers, tail section, fluid reservoirs) are made from aluminum, which is of course a lot more expensive than plastic.
You have a Ducati rep? Wow, does he/she come by with cut sheets and Power Point presentations?

You have three messages.

"Dukester...Jerry here down at Ducati. I didn't hear back from you on that golf outing at Pebble. Whats up my man, you know I'm waaay behind on my quota this week. Can you pony up for a few Diavels this week, you know, floor stock? I can make some reservations at the Cheeta Club, Amber's been asking where you've been! Call me. Really, please, CALL ME!!"

"Duke, Jerry again. Hate to be a pest, but the month is almost over, they're closing out the books. Say I take an extra 3% off those Diavels. Can we kick them out the door today? I'm dying over here, the Sales Manager is all over my ass. Call me. Email is fine too, I've got the Blackberry on."

"Mr. Duke, this is Bob Johnson down at Ducati. I'm in my office with Jerry going over the sales plan. We're ready to kick in that 848 demo bike you were sitting on last week if you pick up the Diavels. And I'm upping the discount to 5%. I know you've got the floorplan for these bikes, and you of all people know how much PR we're getting on these babies. So they're a $20k barhopper, c'mon, it's SoCal. Charlie Sheen is good for at least two of them if he gets out of rehab! Leno's gonna get one, you know that much. Let's do lunch, say tomorrow?"
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #25
YamaCat
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Alright. IMHO, the bike looks the business. However, it's the ergos that worry me. The photo of the guy in the suit on the bike looks out of proportion... wonky, almost. Anybody else get that?

Here we go:

Motorcycle Ergonomics

It's an online ergonomic simulator and, from the drop down list you can select Ducati and see the Diavel is already in there.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #26
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaCat View Post
Here we go:

Motorcycle Ergonomics

It's an online ergonomic simulator and, from the drop down list you can select Ducati and see the Diavel is already in there.

Awesome website!! Thanks for sharing, YamaCat!!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #27
YamaCat
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Awesome website!! Thanks for sharing, YamaCat!!
Not a prob ...

After seeing the Diavel and not liking the side panels and tail pipe, I wound up at the Kneeslider website for examples of something I could add or subtract from this bike ( bikeexif is good for this too ) and waddyuh know? There was this blurb about online erogonomics. So, I go to the online ergo site click on Ducati and the effing Diavel bike is just sitting there already.

... The damn things gone viral.

Last edited by YamaCat : 11-23-2010 at 01:23 PM.
YamaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #28
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
You have a Ducati rep? Wow, does he/she come by with cut sheets and Power Point presentations?

You have three messages.

"Dukester...Jerry here down at Ducati. I didn't hear back from you on that golf outing at Pebble. Whats up my man, you know I'm waaay behind on my quota this week. Can you pony up for a few Diavels this week, you know, floor stock? I can make some reservations at the Cheeta Club, Amber's been asking where you've been! Call me. Really, please, CALL ME!!"

"Duke, Jerry again. Hate to be a pest, but the month is almost over, they're closing out the books. Say I take an extra 3% off those Diavels. Can we kick them out the door today? I'm dying over here, the Sales Manager is all over my ass. Call me. Email is fine too, I've got the Blackberry on."

"Mr. Duke, this is Bob Johnson down at Ducati. I'm in my office with Jerry going over the sales plan. We're ready to kick in that 848 demo bike you were sitting on last week if you pick up the Diavels. And I'm upping the discount to 5%. I know you've got the floorplan for these bikes, and you of all people know how much PR we're getting on these babies. So they're a $20k barhopper, c'mon, it's SoCal. Charlie Sheen is good for at least two of them if he gets out of rehab! Leno's gonna get one, you know that much. Let's do lunch, say tomorrow?"
Yup, the convo went exactly like that! Very funny thx for the effort!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #29
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaCat View Post
Here we go:

Motorcycle Ergonomics

Love it! Thx for sharing!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #30
YamaCat
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Love it! Thx for sharing!
You are most welcome.

enjoy