Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Bagger Cruiser Shootout (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/17017-2011-bagger-cruiser-shootout.html)

Administrator 11-12-2010 12:07 PM

2011 Bagger Cruiser Shootout

Original Article:
2011 Bagger Cruiser Shootout

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Bagger Cruiser Shootout in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

MTRHEAD75 11-12-2010 02:48 PM

Been saying this for awhile but Harley better take notice rebadgeing the same old thing with a few new bits...is killing them. Having out dated suspensions on bikes that cost that much is just asking for fail...Harley wake up and smell the coffee There is this new tool called the internet that people use to make informed judgments with before they buy something these days.

anrajala 11-12-2010 02:57 PM

Lemme get this straight. After installing big bucks PowerPak the Harley is still dead last with a big margin both in power and torq?

How the f*** is it possible to produce only 65 rwhp with a power pack? Even my lazy cow 2002 Fat Boy has dynoed 64 rwhp. How in the God's name is this possible? Are these worthless nitwits going to employ some engineers at some point? Is the company's so called management still focussing into "maximising the use of the brand value" i.e. sunglasses?

Screw me with a stick. I thought my weekend was on a bad start when my -90 diesel Merc blew the head gasket but no, its getting worse.

- cruiz-euro

Kevin_Duke 11-12-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anrajala (Post 251994)
Lemme get this straight. After installing big bucks PowerPak the Harley is still dead last with a big margin both in power and torq?

How the f*** is it possible to produce only 65 rwhp with a power pack? Even my lazy cow 2002 Fat Boy has dynoed 64 rwhp. How in the God's name is this possible? Are these worthless nitwits going to employ some engineers at some point? Is the company's so called management still focussing into "maximising the use of the brand value" i.e. sunglasses?

Screw me with a stick. I thought my weekend was on a bad start when my -90 diesel Merc blew the head gasket but no, its getting worse.

- cruiz-euro

You should feel happy! Your bike has as many horses as a Screamin' Eagle TC103!

jmdonald 11-12-2010 09:50 PM

Desire

Doesn't anyone else want a less than 500 lb bike with 150 HP and the torque that goes with it,brembo brakes, ABS,trellis frame,Ohlins suspension,single sided swingarm in red?I guess not.How about adding shaft drive? I still like these baggers for some twisted reason even if they aren't all of the above.

acecycleins 11-13-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 252008)
Doesn't anyone else want a less than 500 lb bike with 150 HP and the torque that goes with it,brembo brakes, ABS,trellis frame,Ohlins suspension,single sided swingarm in red?I guess not.How about adding shaft drive? I still like these baggers for some twisted reason even if they aren't all of the above.

Wait until the batwing and bags are fitted to the Diavel. That would put some woo in the hoo!

Dr_Sprocket 11-13-2010 03:27 PM

I bet every manufacturer in the comparo was saying the exact same thing...

"We've got this one in the 'bag', baby!"

Get it? "... in the bag"? ;)

Duken4evr 11-13-2010 05:11 PM

Gimme a Vic with that Star engine and I'd be a happy man. Frankenbike indeed.

For me, it is all about the engine, so the Star is the most attractive. I am willing to put up with the other shortcomings to have that motor. The Star pulls at the heart, the Vic pulls on my rational side.

Bah. Who am I kidding. The brain rules and the Vic is most likely to find itself in my garage someday.

Harley and it's 65 hp. Now that is just plain pathetic. An SV650 makes more than that! Built DRZ400 dirt bikes make about that LOL...

mscuddy 11-13-2010 07:28 PM

The only bike that works worth a damn in the Yamaha. The Harley looks like it's made from pladough, and the Victory's ugly, period.

But they all don't hold a cancle to my Honda Chair...hic....

Kevin_Duke 11-13-2010 07:32 PM

My 0.02: This shootout turned out to be very interesting, with each bike offering its own distinctive merits and demerits. If I were to take the best from each, I’d combine the Stratoliner’s burly powertrain and swoopy styling with the Street Glide’s ergos and maneuverability. Then I’d incorporate the Cross Country’s comprehensive instruments, capacious saddlebags and versatile suspension to create my ideal bagger.