Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - First Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/16935-2011-kawasaki-ninja-1000-first-ride.html)

Administrator 10-28-2010 02:30 PM

2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - First Ride

Original Article:
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - First Ride

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - First Ride in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 10-28-2010 02:46 PM

Nice Bike - where do you put the Batteries?

(Oh! Like you guys weren't thinkin' it!)

Actually, it seems Super-K has got their finger on the pulse of the "Real Rider". Whether or not that will pay off for them (pleaseopleaseopleaseletthechopperthingbeover!) is yet to be decided.

I submit that we are Living in the Golden Age of Motorcycling. (and hotrodding as well!)

Try to have yourself a Good Time(tm).

cadbury 10-28-2010 03:11 PM

Goldielock's Bike

I started riding in 1982, and mis-spent my formative years on a series of VF and VFR Hondas. Those bikes were often used as the basis for a Superbike, and yet were genuinely comfortable for day to day use. I currently ride a 1995 Suzuki RF900, so I guess you could say I like reasonably comfortable yet capable fully-faired bikes that are not too extreme. Not too big, not too small, not too fast or too slow.There has been a very limited selection of these lately; the VFR800 (but not Shamu), Sprint ST and... well that's about it for me really. Don't really fancy a Hayabusa or ZX14, but the idea of this 1000 cc Kawasaki looks just about right to me. Congratulations to Kawasaki for including fully adjustable suspension, sensible ergos, and a fun power-plant.

I might consider getting me one of these (so long as it is Ok with my wife, kids and bank manager...).

12er 10-28-2010 03:26 PM

I liked until I noticed how small the dang thing is.

MOKE1K 10-29-2010 02:39 AM

even some mature riders who might have settled on a cruiser because they are no longer able to be comfortable on a repli-racer!

NEVER! Nice bike.

sliphorn 10-29-2010 06:29 AM

Very nice machine. It looks to be a perfect one up sport tourer. Too bad there's no center stand option, though that is a minor complaint.

sarnali2 10-29-2010 08:18 AM

Looks pretty good in Sport-touring mode, I'll have to take a gander at one at the IMS in December

bbtowns 10-29-2010 08:51 AM

Sounds like a nearly perfect bike. The ninja name plate is going to make the insurance companies set the pricing level to rape, but with a set of bags it would make a great ST (similar to the now defunct Ducati ST4s actually).

acecycleins 10-29-2010 01:03 PM

Kawasaki should have named it the Z1000R for the States. Insurance companies are going to see the Ninja name and the CC size and automatically throw the bike into the Superbike category.

Should have asked a shameless, self-promoting, marketing mastermind like myself, first.

lwatcdr 10-29-2010 05:04 PM

Yep this bike is very drool worthy. I would also like to see some twins in this category as well. This and the Sprint are soo close... But how about making the passenger accommodations a little more comfortable?