Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - First Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/16935-2011-kawasaki-ninja-1000-first-ride.html)

Duken4evr 10-30-2010 12:31 PM

Loved the writeup. Interesting how seemingly minor changes affect the personality of the bike. I know what you mean by this kind of bike encouraging bad behavior too. Comfy, upright ergos, stout power. The combo encourages the rider to play and have fun. Rarely a ride goes by that I don't find a country backroad to ride a nice fat wheelie on my FZ1 :D

These kind of bikes are indeed trouble Would not want it any other way. Nice work Kaw. I truly hope they sell lots and lots of these.

Jeff Cobb 10-30-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 251524)
Loved the writeup. Interesting how seemingly minor changes affect the personality of the bike. I know what you mean by this kind of bike encouraging bad behavior too. Comfy, upright ergos, stout power. The combo encourages the rider to play and have fun. Rarely a ride goes by that I don't find a country backroad to ride a nice fat wheelie on my FZ1 :D

These kind of bikes are indeed trouble Would not want it any other way. Nice work Kaw. I truly hope they sell lots and lots of these.

Thank you! That FZ1 is a sweet bike as well. It's not unlike my old R1 for which I just had the tranny undercut and indexed ('cause I wore out 2nd doing these kinds of antics).

This new Ninja just adds to all the good choices we have these days.

Morbo the Destroyer 10-31-2010 10:43 AM

The idea of this bike as a lightweight Sport Tour is appealing, especially since a C-14 is amost $15k these days. But from the photos, I can't see the ergonomics working for more than a few hours riding per day.

It sucks, getting old...all those injuries come back on you and limit your options.

Morbo the Destroyer 10-31-2010 11:03 AM

The idea of this bike as a lightweight Sport Tour is appealing, especially since a C-14 is amost $15k these days. But from the photos, I can't see the ergonomics working for more than a few hours riding per day.

It sucks, getting old...all those injuries come back on you and limit your options.

acecycleins 11-01-2010 08:53 AM

Did anyone see the Euro name designation? Z1000SX.
Duke- would you call your inside marketing geeks at Kawi and tell them before they make a fatal name mistake they should adpot the Euro name for Insurance reasons? Tell them the resident Insurance guru is the one begging for naming sanity.

TonyC 11-02-2010 07:06 AM

The addition of bags makes for a much more practical, all-round bike. Easy to use everyday, even when not travelling. All this real-world practicality will surely doom the bike to a early death as the squids who rule sport bike sales will immediately label it an uncool old man's bike. And the uncool old men will continue to buy BMWs!

BTW, I know you posters have a need to impress us with your witty quotes, but come on. The quotes have taken over, they're longer than your comments, and add little or nothing to the discourse. Do you really need to....

Kevin_Duke 11-02-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 251552)
Did anyone see the Euro name designation? Z1000SX.
Duke- would you call your inside marketing geeks at Kawi and tell them before they make a fatal name mistake they should adpot the Euro name for Insurance reasons? Tell them the resident Insurance guru is the one begging for naming sanity.

Sorry, ACE, the marketing machine boat has already sailed on the name. It's surprising they don't think of such things in advance. Maybe they should put you on their payroll...

acecycleins 11-02-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 251579)
Sorry, ACE, the marketing machine boat has already sailed on the name. It's surprising they don't think of such things in advance. Maybe they should put you on their payroll...

My specialty is shameless marketing. They aren't too shameless.

mscuddy 11-02-2010 05:59 PM

Nice looking bike, except for those damn exhaust pipes. What ever happened to nice chrome exhaust pipes that were round, with a hole in the end of 'em? Now they have to make a statement I guess.

Might look nice with fishtails. Give it the Kustom look.

Dr_Sprocket 11-02-2010 07:54 PM

One of the most eagerly-awaited-for bikes of the new year, at least for me. Way to go, Team Green!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 PM.