Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Star Stryker Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/16690-2011-star-stryker-review.html)

Administrator 10-12-2010 01:19 PM

2011 Star Stryker Review
 

Original Article:
2011 Star Stryker Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Star Stryker Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 10-12-2010 01:55 PM

Nice bike, well-written and interesting review (with an intriguing sidebar!). I will admit that bikes like the Yam...er.... Star Stryker do look mighty cool, if you're inclined to do the Cruiser Thang(tm).

There is no denying that they sound good - easily on-par with any Harley (I've a co-worker that owns a Star), while still having a slightly-different "rump" to it.

Kenneth_Moore 10-12-2010 04:51 PM

Stryker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

acecycleins 10-12-2010 06:03 PM

sxsw is one of the coolest events ever for music lovers. Austin is a great town and Texas Hill country is nearly as much fun as the N GA, TN, NC triangle.
I spent the first 5 yrs of my riding Yamahas. Always liked them. Can't see why I would not like this one if I were in cruiser mode.

Kevin_Duke 10-12-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 250736)
Stryker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue..."

seruzawa 10-13-2010 06:49 AM

No matter what they do there's one thing that never changes as this recent conversation with my wife shows:

Mrs Seruzawa: "That's a nice looking bike. What is it?"

Seruzawa: "Yamaha Road Star. It does look pretty good and sounds pretty good too."

Mrs Seruzawa: "Yeah sounds nice. I do kind of miss having a cruiser sometimes. What do they run?"

Seruzawa: "Oh, about 12K I guess, new. You can get a good used one
for $5K or $6K."

Mrs Seruzawa: "But you could get a Harley and fix it up for that right?"

Seruzawa: "You can now since the market fell out."

Mrs Seruzawa: "Then what's the point of getting a Yamaha?"

Seruzawa: "Search me."

acecycleins 10-13-2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 250749)
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue..."

"rapunzel, repunzel" "I can't make a brouche....."

King Vitamin 10-13-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 250760)
No matter what they do there's one thing that never changes as this recent conversation with my wife shows:

Mrs Seruzawa: "That's a nice looking bike. What is it?"

Seruzawa: "Yamaha Road Star. It does look pretty good and sounds pretty good too."

Mrs Seruzawa: "Yeah sounds nice. I do kind of miss having a cruiser sometimes. What do they run?"

Seruzawa: "Oh, about 12K I guess, new. You can get a good used one
for $5K or $6K."

Mrs Seruzawa: "But you could get a Harley and fix it up for that right?"

Seruzawa: "You can now since the market fell out."

Mrs Seruzawa: "Then what's the point of getting a Yamaha?"

Seruzawa: "Search me."

The point of getting a Yamaha is that you don't need to fix it up.



The Stryker looks like an ideal replacement for my Intruder 1400.

Buzglyd 10-13-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Vitamin (Post 250773)
The point of getting a Yamaha is that you don't need to fix it up.



The Stryker looks like an ideal replacement for my Intruder 1400.

That's because it looks exactly like an Intruder 1400.

seruzawa 10-13-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Vitamin (Post 250773)
The point of getting a Yamaha is that you don't need to fix it up.

The Stryker looks like an ideal replacement for my Intruder 1400.

More like when it gets worn out you can't afford to fix it up.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:35 AM.