Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-05-2010, 11:37 PM   #11
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliphorn View Post
Oh man, Jeff. That's not the news I wanted to hear about the W. Perhaps in 2012?

Sorry Sliphorn. Don't know about the future for the W800. Kawasaki's press people didn't have a lot of info either because it's definitely not something on their radar at this moment. If I learn more, I'll tell you.
Jeff Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #12
cloud9
Registered Member

Kawasaki seems to have a bike for almost every rider.

Starting with the ninja 250 all the way up to their Zx-14 the array of bikes is quite amazing. I'm impressed and hope to see these options for consumers expand even more.

They have taken the ducati approach and used the same (or detuned version) motor in a different platform. Cost effective and both the buyer and Kawasaki win in the end.

I hope this bike doesn't eat into the z1000 sales as standards have a hard enough time as is.

Insane are called those who deal with death

Masters are called those who seal the deal

Legends are called anyone of those who die in their quest.
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #13
Beer Baron
Registered Member

Is the body work for the new Bandit identical to the GSX650F?... which itself is a Bandit.

1984 Honda Nighthawk cb650sc
Beer Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:08 AM   #14
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Wow. This is brilliant! The new Ninja removes several issues for only a $500 price premium. I reallly really like this thing. My primal side likes the ZX10, but older and wiser, my heart and brain adore this new Ninja.

First, it gets rid of the Z1000's styling by Mattel. Even the exhaust got a coat of black to hide it's general hideous nature. Good job. This is a nice looking bike. It were mine, it would wear a pair of FMF hex cans and look/sound damn sweet anyway.

It adds a gallon of fuel. The 4 gallon capacity on the Z is ridiculous. 5 is perfect.

Even though they may be the same bike at heart, the riding experience with the full fairing and adjustable windshield should be dramatically different. Having ridden a naked vs. a faired SV650, it amazed me how different the same bike can be with the addition of bodywork.

As for the Bandit, I rode a 1250 and found it lacking. Very utilitarian motor. Lots of grunt, but no real excitement and it steered like a sled compared to my sharp turning FZ1. Never rode a Z, but I assume it is a blend of Bandit torque and manic FZ1 top end revvability and the Z chassis reportedly handles very well. About perfect in other words. Yamaha, wake up man. Get with the program. Make one of these, based on the crossplane crank mill please.

Well played Kawasaki. If I was in the market today, I would probably buy one of these instead of the trusty FZ1. FZ1 it is though, it was here first, it is modded to my liking, and best of all, it is paid for

Last edited by Duken4evr : 10-10-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I think I'd still go with the FZ1, it's one of those bikes that's always in the periphery of bikes I want.......never quite makes it to the top of the list but definately a contender. I'm afraid for me anyway Kawasaki missed the mark on this one. I'm sure it's an excellent bike but it doesn't have any eyeball appeal to me, same as the 1250 Bandito, I loved both of my 2nd gen's but the 1250 lacks something IMO

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote