Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Interview with Zero's Scot Harden (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/16529-interview-zeros-scot-harden.html)

Administrator 09-24-2010 06:39 AM

Interview with Zero's Scot Harden

Original Article:
Interview with Zero's Scot Harden

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Interview with Zero's Scot Harden in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 09-24-2010 08:20 AM

Any claim that switching to electric bikes will slow the assault on open riding land is completely bogus.

pushrod 09-24-2010 08:53 AM

Concur, but I'd guess that the 'noisy, exhaust-spewing' mx-ers (and their gas-powered bikes) are not helping the cause.

The real point is, the enviro-wacko's won't stop until all the lizards and desert rats can spend all their time worrying not about getting run over, but getting eaten.

That means no humans in their 'hood. Period.

seruzawa 09-24-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 249804)
Concur, but I'd guess that the 'noisy, exhaust-spewing' mx-ers (and their gas-powered bikes) are not helping the cause.

The real point is, the enviro-wacko's won't stop until all the lizards and desert rats can spend all their time worrying not about getting run over, but getting eaten.

That means no humans in their 'hood. Period.

No just the bikes. The Jeeps are far worse on BLM land.

pushrod 09-24-2010 09:37 AM

And the mountain bikes! Don't forget them!

All that toxic sweat dripping on the age-old 'virgin' rocks and all!

And those F*$#%(@ hikers! I've heard they occasionally spit! You have any idea what saliva can do to the natural environment!? Do ya!?

seruzawa 09-24-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 249806)
And the mountain bikes! Don't forget them!

All that toxic sweat dripping on the age-old 'virgin' rocks and all!

And those F*$#%(@ hikers! I've heard they occasionally spit! You have any idea what saliva can do to the natural environment!? Do ya!?

Actually, do you know what form of transportation has done the most harm to our backpacking trails? I mean it's not even close. This transportation tears carefully placed stairstep rock out of hillsides and pollutes the trails making them very unpleasant.

Horses.

Jeff Cobb 09-24-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 249807)
Actually, do you know what form of transportation has done the most harm to our backpacking trails? I mean it's not even close. This transportation tears carefully placed stairstep rock out of hillsides and pollutes the trails making them very unpleasant.

Horses.

Yes, but horses are so cute and cuddly, and many men and especially women are so fond of those big gentle-hearted creatures.

On the other hand, you and your nasty motorcycle can just go away, mister. And the mountain bikers can too, for that matter. Too often they display no trail etiquette, and they spook the [poorly trained] horses.

Horses are part of the natural environment, and overgrown boys and their machines are an intrusion. ... :evil:

The_AirHawk 09-24-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 249807)

Horses.

Exactly. Beat me to it.

"Natural Animals" do an UN-Natural amount of damage

seruzawa 09-24-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Cobb (Post 249809)
Yes, but horses are so cute and cuddly, and many men and especially women are so fond of those big gentle-hearted creatures.

Until you get bitten by some nag.

I especially love the horse owners who use backpacking trails because 'packers like to bring dogs along. So few of the horses are trained to deal with dogs that it can be quite amusing watching the horses rearing and bounding with the owner barely hanging on. Then the horse owners get all irate because 'packers don't leash the dogs. WTF?

You'd think they'd learn.

Jeff Cobb 09-24-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 249813)
Until you get bitten by some nag.

I especially love the horse owners who use backpacking trails because 'packers like to bring dogs along. So few of the horses are trained to deal with dogs that it can be quite amusing watching the horses rearing and bounding with the owner barely hanging on. Then the horse owners get all irate because 'packers don't leash the dogs. WTF?

You'd think they'd learn.

Concur. Been there. Seen that. Felt the wrath of a 'cussin, fired up nag. It gives new meaning to "not having a leg to stand on," but never mind that. This is the way they feel ... :wink: