Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 and GSX-R750 Unveiled

Original Article:
2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 and GSX-R750 Unveiled

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 and GSX-R750 Unveiled in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

It's good to hear the 750 will continue. I was wondering if Suzuki would drop that model.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
It's good to hear the 750 will continue. I was wondering if Suzuki would drop that model.
I like your new avatar, Master.

If for some reason I ever jonesed for a race replica the 750 is the only I-4 I'd consider. Much better low/mid than a 600 and the top end is more than enough for public roads. The 750 just sits in that sweet spot.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post

If for some reason I ever jonesed for a race replica the 750 is the only I-4 I'd consider. Much better low/mid than a 600 and the top end is more than enough for public roads. The 750 just sits in that sweet spot.
Yep, I"m with you on that. I'm really looking forward to sampling the 750. Perhaps that sweet spot will spawn the rebirth of the 750 class.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Pathetic Human! I will DESTROY YOU!

Now, let's meet our guest.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
12er
Founding Member

Ive been thinking about getting an older 750 for a track toy. I dont need a liter to have fun but a 600 may just be a little weak for my girth. 750 sounds about right. Though people who bought em apparently like em as I dont see many on the boards. Granted its only one bike and hasnt had a competitor for over a decade.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #7
cloud9
Registered Member

Finally the 600's receive some love after a near 3 year hiatus. Suzuki plays it smart by keeping the 750 around, hopefully the buyers play it smart too and don't overlook it.

Insane are called those who deal with death

Masters are called those who seal the deal

Legends are called anyone of those who die in their quest.
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I always thought 750 was an ideal size, not just for Sportbikes but just general plonking around. I had a ball on my '83 GPZ 750 tariff bike back in the ancient 80's. Plenty quick but not an eyeball peeler like my '86 1000R, the big Ninja was fun too but not a good idea for those lacking self control such as myself.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Japan has refined it's sportbikes into a sort of ho hum vibe. Incrementally lighter, sharper, smaller etc. Modern sport bikes have evolved to the point that they are too tiny for the average American to ride. Not all of us are 5 foot 8 tall 150 pound midgets

I would love to see slavish GSXR attention to detail applied to a real world sporting twin from Japan. Suzuki and Honda started down that road but abandoned it too soon after. Sporting twins entertain the street rider in ways that 4 cylinder bikes simply can't unless they are tempting the rider with jail time. I guess Ducati riders get to have most of the fun in this area. The Multistrada is looking cooler all the time. I wish Japan would do what it does best - copy it, make it indestructibly reliable, and sell it for less.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:01 AM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Japan has refined it's sportbikes into a sort of ho hum vibe. Incrementally lighter, sharper, smaller etc. Modern sport bikes have evolved to the point that they are too tiny for the average American to ride. Not all of us are 5 foot 8 tall 150 pound midgets

I would love to see slavish GSXR attention to detail applied to a real world sporting twin from Japan. Suzuki and Honda started down that road but abandoned it too soon after. Sporting twins entertain the street rider in ways that 4 cylinder bikes simply can't unless they are tempting the rider with jail time. I guess Ducati riders get to have most of the fun in this area. The Multistrada is looking cooler all the time. I wish Japan would do what it does best - copy it, make it indestructibly reliable, and sell it for less.
Well, Honda abandoned that road about 19-years-ago; Suzuki has just not-bothered to develop it further than the 2nd-gen SV. For why, I do not know. I thought Kawasaki was going to pick their twins back up, with the ER-6N and derivatives - but that seems to have stagnated as well, for the moment anyway.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote