Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #11
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Well, Honda abandoned that road about 19-years-ago; Suzuki has just not-bothered to develop it further than the 2nd-gen SV. For why, I do not know. I thought Kawasaki was going to pick their twins back up, with the ER-6N and derivatives - but that seems to have stagnated as well, for the moment anyway.
Same old argument, different day. If only American riders would wise up and see that they don't need 130hp at 15,000 rpm...

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #12
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Japan has refined it's sportbikes into a sort of ho hum vibe. Incrementally lighter, sharper, smaller etc. Modern sport bikes have evolved to the point that they are too tiny for the average American to ride. Not all of us are 5 foot 8 tall 150 pound midgets

I would love to see slavish GSXR attention to detail applied to a real world sporting twin from Japan. Suzuki and Honda started down that road but abandoned it too soon after. Sporting twins entertain the street rider in ways that 4 cylinder bikes simply can't unless they are tempting the rider with jail time. I guess Ducati riders get to have most of the fun in this area. The Multistrada is looking cooler all the time. I wish Japan would do what it does best - copy it, make it indestructibly reliable, and sell it for less.
Pete's been riding around on the 2011 Aprilia Shiver, and he's quite smitten with it. There ya go: decent ergos, 750cc displacement, and a twin-cylinder motor, all for just $9K.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:56 AM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
. I guess Ducati riders get to have most of the fun in this area. The Multistrada is looking cooler all the time. I wish Japan would do what it does best - copy it, make it indestructibly reliable, and sell it for less.
They already do. It's called a VStrom DL1000.