Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/16502-2010-honda-cb-unicorn-dazzler-review.html)

Administrator 09-21-2010 01:44 PM

2010 Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler Review

Original Article:
2010 Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

pushrod 09-21-2010 02:35 PM

As soon as I get home, I'm going to give my 955cc 3-cylinder, 50mpg ST a big hug!

Next will be the Unicorn Baffler...

krandhawa 09-21-2010 10:23 PM

Hi! Nice to see Indian content on the site. I have owned a Honda Unicorn in the past and loved it for its engine and gearbox. Its refinement made the best Indian bikes of the time feel gruff. But the game has moved on. The Dazzler to me is more a facelifted Unicorn than an all new bike. A fully faired 150cc liquid-cooled model would have found Honda a repeat customer in me.

cpntictoc 09-22-2010 09:20 AM

Unicorn

This is great article, I really like the way it is written, its a great looking bike too.
I have a Kawasaki Z1000 and Denali but I would like a Unicorn for use on the ranch but... it isn't sold here !
Why doesn't Honda sell them in USA ?

Kevin_Duke 09-22-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpntictoc (Post 249687)
I have a Kawasaki Z1000 and Denali but I would like a Unicorn for use on the ranch but... it isn't sold here !
Why doesn't Honda sell them in USA ?

The profit margin would likely be too slim for to make up the costs to get it EPA and DOT certified, plus parts stocking, dealer training, etc. Or it would cost more than Americans would be willing to pay. Or maybe they'll bring them in for $2K and sell them out...

cpntictoc 09-22-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 249692)
The profit margin would likely be too slim for to make up the costs to get it EPA and DOT certified, plus parts stocking, dealer training, etc. Or it would cost more than Americans would be willing to pay. Or maybe they'll bring them in for $2K and sell them out...

I hear this reason too often for many things, if it's a good product put it out in the market place and let the consumers decide.
I'd consider buying this decent looking and practical motorcycle even if it cost $3K, despite its hilarious dazzle name which sure made my day. I'd look at this bike mainly cause I know any bike from Honda has to be top quality, then I am sure this small a bike will be easy and light handling, apart from reliable enough to outlast me.
An lets face it, even if it gives close to the 120mpg claimed, there isn't much I can think of apart from my legs that would get me around for much cheaper.

Kenneth_Moore 09-22-2010 01:37 PM

It's CANDY MOUNTAIN, Charlie. We can ride the Dazzler all the way to CANDY MOUNTAIN!!

The_AirHawk 09-22-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 249716)
It's CANDY MOUNTAIN, Charlie. We can ride the Dazzler all the way to CANDY MOUNTAIN!!

Wasn't "Dazzler" a Drawn-like-a-brick-shatzhouse Comic Book character?

"Dabbling in Watercolours, Eddie?"

Yes, I am the David Lehman of the MO forums.

Yash Somaiya 09-22-2010 09:03 PM

Yeah, the name's hilarious.. it's become a laughing stock here in India... it isn't selling as much either.. for the same price, one can buy this..

Products | India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.

or this...

TVS Apache RTR 180 has been awarded Motorcycle of The Year, best bike in 200CC, best racing bike, TVS Racing Bike

TVS is one of the few biker makers here, that have been involved in motor-sport for a long time.

Kenneth_Moore 09-23-2010 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yash Somaiya (Post 249738)
Yeah, the name's hilarious.. it's become a laughing stock here in India... it isn't selling as much either.. for the same price, one can buy this..

Products | India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.

or this...

TVS Apache RTR 180 has been awarded Motorcycle of The Year, best bike in 200CC, best racing bike, TVS Racing Bike

TVS is one of the few biker makers here, that have been involved in motor-sport for a long time.

I work with folks in India almost every day, and I was wondering if a name like "Unicorn Dazzler" would appeal to them. I didn't think so.

However, the Yamaha link has this hilarious English translation:

The riders will is spread to the handle, the body and then the engine giving birth to unprecedented torque. This force is truly dynamic. Due to minute calculations and overcoming major challenges, an ultimate body balance has been produced. The agile running performance is extremely exciting. The superior performance brings riding feel, which when you ride provides you an emotional high. Thus this is unique not only for the rider but also a source of great fascination to the onlooker. :D With the FZ16 you have the sensation of ruling the streets to your hearts content.