Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Ducati Monster 796 Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/16368-2011-ducati-monster-796-review.html)

Administrator 09-10-2010 01:24 PM

2011 Ducati Monster 796 Review
 

Original Article:
2011 Ducati Monster 796 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Ducati Monster 796 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

jmdonald 09-10-2010 02:18 PM

Favorite
 
The Monster is by far my favorite naked bike.Ducati has a genuine masterpiece on its hands.I must have one.

Kevin_Duke 09-10-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 249137)
The Monster is by far my favorite naked bike.Ducati has a genuine masterpiece on its hands.I must have one.

Which one?

12er 09-10-2010 02:32 PM

The new design isnt working for me. I liked the simple lines of the previous models. The tank vents, high pipes with shields etc seem to clutter the bike up.

jmdonald 09-10-2010 04:34 PM

First choice
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 249139)
Which one?

My first choice would be the 1100s. It would be my weekend canyon bike.

jmdonald 09-10-2010 04:36 PM

i can appreciate that
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 249140)
The new design isnt working for me. I liked the simple lines of the previous models. The tank vents, high pipes with shields etc seem to clutter the bike up.

It's funny I like the new version better but I understand what you mean.

Duken4evr 09-10-2010 04:58 PM

I like the Monsters. They sound great, handle great, have a good street powerband, air cooling is stone simple and will remain trouble free years down the road, and it says Ducati on the tank.

I am still an irrational nabob about the Desmo system though. It is unnecessarily complex, especially in a bike that only revs to the mid 8,000 rpm zone. If the damn thing had valve springs, I would probably be on one. I do my own valves. The appeal of the 26K mile valve interval on my 5 valver Yamaha says more about the lazy/busy don't want to deal with such things nature these days!

I need to get over it. Triumph triple and one of these are must do someday bikes :)

Kevin_Duke 09-10-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 249145)
It's funny I like the new version better but I understand what you mean.

I also prefer the new version's aesthetics, and they are also dynamically superior.

Kevin_Duke 09-10-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 249147)
I like the Monsters. They sound great, handle great, have a good street powerband, air cooling is stone simple and will remain trouble free years down the road, and it says Ducati on the tank.

I need to get over it. Triumph triple and one of these are must do someday bikes :)

You summed it up nicely in the first part. And to your second part, how'd you like to read a comparo of the M796 and Street Triple R...? :cool:

jmdonald 09-10-2010 07:39 PM

Also
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 249149)
You summed it up nicely in the first part. And to your second part, how'd you like to read a comparo of the M796 and Street Triple R...? :cool:

Can you add the speed triple special edition,Tuono and the 1100 to that equation?
A seperate comparo of course.I'd like to see the street and 796 comparo also.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:50 PM.