Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Harley-Davidson CVO Street Glide Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/16366-2011-harley-davidson-cvo-street-glide-review.html)

Administrator 09-10-2010 10:48 AM

2011 Harley-Davidson CVO Street Glide Review

Original Article:
2011 Harley-Davidson CVO Street Glide Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Harley-Davidson CVO Street Glide Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sarnali2 09-10-2010 11:37 AM

Swanky....not being an "Alpha" rider I'm quite content with my plain Jane 'Lectra Glide for $18k. It actually has some rear suspension and enough leg room for a 6 footer like me to ride w/o having my knees up around my ears.

Nice bike though.

Dr_Sprocket 09-10-2010 11:44 AM

Understanding the Street Glide is probably (if not "the") best selling Harley-Davidson cruiser, I just don't get why anyone with an intact cerebellum would opt for a fork-mounted fairing over a frame-mounted one. Anybody? Bueller? Doesn't a fork-mounted fairing negatively alter the steering of a bike?

Regarding this bike: Awesome paint job!

The_AirHawk 09-10-2010 11:58 AM

Rip and Tear!
Rockin' the House Down, Takin' the Dare!
Rip and Tear!
Mulholland woman, She don't care!

The_AirHawk 09-10-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

All 2011 CVOs are set apart from regular OEM Harleys by the fitment of the Screamin’ Eagle Twin-Cam 110-cubic-inch motor. This fuel-injected engine’s extra displacement gives it a factory crankshaft rating of 115 ft. lbs. of torque at its 4000-rpm peak. That’s up significantly from the 96-cubic-incher’s claimed 92.6 ft-lbs at 3500 rpm. A high-torque starter and a stronger clutch handle the big engine’s extra demands.
Bigger Valves to go-along with that bigger Bore? Breathe Stupid, BREATHE!!!

Kevin_Duke 09-10-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 249123)
Understanding the Street Glide is probably (if not "the") best selling Harley-Davidson cruiser, I just don't get why anyone with an intact cerebellum would opt for a fork-mounted fairing over a frame-mounted one. Anybody? Bueller? Doesn't a fork-mounted fairing negatively alter the steering of a bike?

The Road Glide's frame-mounted fairing has its own compromises. Democratically, the SG wins.

sarnali2 09-10-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Balance, coupled with a long wheelbase and an extremely low c/g is the key. The Batwings work very well on HD's and are for the most part unobtrusive when you're riding. I suppose from a engineering point of view the frame mounted fairing is "best" however.

Within it's performance parameters my current Electra Glide doesn't handle any worse than the frame mounted fairing equipped Triumph Trophy or various BMW's I've owned and it's actually kind of handy to be able to point the headlight where you want to go at night

The_AirHawk 09-11-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 249138)
Within it's performance parameters my current Electra Glide doesn't handle any worse than the frame mounted fairing equipped Triumph Trophy or various BMW's I've owned and it's actually kind of handy to be able to point the headlight where you want to go at night

As motos countersteer to move about the streets (even Harleys!), technically you're pointing the headlight AWAY from where you want to go.....

seruzawa 09-11-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 249168)
As motos countersteer to move about the streets (even Harleys!), technically you're pointing the headlight AWAY from where you want to go.....

Only on initiation.

Buzglyd 09-11-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

The fork fairing is no big deal. It can be a little heavy at parking lot speeds but that's about it.

The lighter steering of the RG is nice but that snout can send some serious buffeting your way.