Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2010 Bennche Megelli 250R vs. Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Original Article:
2010 Bennche Megelli 250R vs. Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Bennche Megelli 250R vs. Kawasaki Ninja 250R in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
hayser
Founding Member

Talking Could of been a three way.

The Hyosung GT250R would add a third country to this shootout.
hayser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayser View Post
The Hyosung GT250R would add a third country to this shootout.
Did you only look at the pictures...?

From the article: we regret that a Hyosung GT250R wasn’t available to round out a trio. Its torquey and fuel-injected V-Twin would have made things less easy for Kawasaki, as it did in our 250cc Shootout from 2009.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

It's a shame the Benche company doesn't revamp the kickstand issue. This isn't the first we've heard about this, and it is potentially a liability issue here in the US.

The Benche review sounds like the initial reviews of Hyundai, when they were first imported to the US. Now, look at the automotive offerings from Korea. If the Korean progress is any indication, watch out Japan, China's coming!
Old 09-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Even with the cobby looks of the Chinese bike, it makes points in the light weight department, and being a single cylinder to boot. Entry level riders understand a single with one spark plug and wire a whole lot easier than all those extra wires and stuff on the twin Kawi. Light weight is a big seller to a new rider.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
MOwings
Founding Member

I am a ninja owner and it is awesome but more competition would be great. It's time for Yamaha to bring back an updated SRX-250 with the liquid cooled WR250 motor. Imagine how much fun that would be. Or even better a new RZ-350 four stroke
MOwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
mlynch001
Registered Member

$3300 for a piece of Chinese crap! You must be kidding! The Kawasaki would be a bargain at twice the price! No dealer support, no parts, very questionable quality. Those are just the tip of the iceberg. I worked for a major importer of Chinese motorcycles and ATVs for 5 years as an engineer, QC Consultant, trouble shooter, warranty and parts coordinator.

As an engineer, motorcycle enthusiast, rider, mechanic and owner of over 35 bikes, I would not trade 5 of the BEST Chinese bikes made for one mediocre Japanese Bike. Their suspensions, engines and brakes are TERRIBLE. The Chinese electrics will make an old MG or Triumph with LUCAS electrics look like the Space Shuttle or an F-16. The controls and fasteners are cheap looking and cheaper quality! Parts will fall off faster than you can put them back on! What does not fall off, will break in a stiff wind! Chinese materials, components and welds are poorly made and poorly executed. There is ZERO "engineering" involved, as graphically illustrated by the kick stand dragging fiercely in a Left hand turn! Why does the handlebar switch contact the tank? Good Design and Engineering? ? NOT!! This is not even "mediocre" engineering. Idiosyncrasies are one thing, this goes far beyond just being "different". What DANGEROUS, unseen flaws are lurking just below the surface, waiting to toss an unsuspecting rider into the ground. I can tell you from dealing with Chinese manufactures, engineers and distributors for many years, Caveat Emptor! Buy the Honda, Kawasaki or even the Hyosung!
mlynch001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #8
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Tell us how you REALLY feel about it.

Don't hold back, for fear our skin is too thin.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
schizuki
Founding Member

I would have no hesitation in buying a Chinese motorcycle.

I also like to have sex in Africa without a condom.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote