Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Yamaha Super Ténéré Preview (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/16268-2012-yamaha-super-t-n-r-preview.html)

Administrator 09-01-2010 09:01 AM

2012 Yamaha Super Ténéré Preview

Original Article:
2012 Yamaha Super Ténéré Preview

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Yamaha Super Ténéré Preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

pushrod 09-01-2010 09:32 AM

My, what a big can you have!

Anyone ridden one of these (in Europe, of course)?

How big/tall is it? It is hard to tell from the canned photos. Judging from the 19" front, a seat height of maybe 30"?

Pete_Brissette 09-01-2010 09:55 AM

Tsk tsk

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 248629)
My, what a big can you have!

Anyone ridden one of these (in Europe, of course)?

How big/tall is it? It is hard to tell from the canned photos. Judging from the 19" front, a seat height of maybe 30"?

From the text:

"... and the 34.25-inch seat height is adjustable to lower height 1.0 inch."
;-)

Buzglyd 09-01-2010 10:04 AM

2012? Pete can predict the future!

Send me some tips for the track today at Del Mar.

desertbilly 09-01-2010 10:12 AM

$13,900?????

Will that be before ABS and bags? And with no aftermarket and no history here? And 70 lbs heavier than a GS?

And with that weird pre-order system guaranteeing not only no demo rides, but not even inventory in the showrooms to sit on and impulse buy?

They'll sell about as many as Honda did DN-01s!
And then they'll complain that Americans won't buy anything except cruisers.

What are these people thinking? These would sell pretty well starting at $9,900, which is $100 more than its closest competition, the V-Strom (which sells pretty well.)

anrajala 09-01-2010 11:38 AM

Can this thingie beat Mans-Adventure-Bike-Like-God-Intended-It-To-Be?

A local test ride report claimed it is sensationally smooth (in terms of total lack of vibrations), much smoother than the Beemer. Which is weird since common sense dictates boxer-2, pistons balancing and all, should be the smoothest thing going. What's going on here?

Also the lack of cylinders sticking out from the sides help navigating along tree stumps and such. And gives more leg room.

However the dyno charts were amazingly close to GS. The judgement is still out. Somebody has to do a proper comparo (hint)

- cruiz-euro

pushrod 09-01-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete_Brissette (Post 248633)
From the text:

"... and the 34.25-inch seat height is adjustable to lower height 1.0 inch."
;-)

Y'know, that's interesting. Even when you gave me the line, I couldn't find it until I used the CTRL 'F' command.

Apparently my eyes skipped that line, maybe because of the picture immediately above it.

Anyhow, that's a pretty good-sized motorsikkle, then. Pretty much the same size as the GS, eh?

Kenneth_Moore 09-01-2010 12:17 PM

With some hard work and cost-cutting, Yamaha may soon have a viable competitor to the DL1000.

seruzawa 09-01-2010 12:53 PM

Get ready for the future guys. The yen is up to 84 on the dollar. Don't expect any new unamortized models to be the bargains of the past. An all new V-Strom would be nowhere near it's current price. It's unchanged for many years.

Kevin_Duke 09-01-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 248646)
Get ready for the future guys. The yen is up to 84 on the dollar. Don't expect any new unamortized models to be the bargains of the past. An all new V-Strom would be nowhere near it's current price. It's unchanged for many years.

Yep, this is going to be an ongoing major issue for the Jap OEMS.