Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
SpeedwayRN
Founding Member

Triumph will show more Sept 1. This is going to be fun to watch. Finally folks are figuring out bigger is not always better (1200 Gs)
SpeedwayRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #12
Mollygrubber
Founding Member

I just traded in my R1200R and DR650 for this bike - more room in the garage, 1/2 the insurance payments, one awesome compromise - and it is a compromise. For my needs, however, it's the perfect weapon. Now where's my credit card - I need some Ohlins... and a new seat.
Mollygrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #13
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollygrubber View Post
Now where's my credit card - I need some Ohlins... and a new seat.
Not happy with the stock suspension, eh? BTW, what percentage road vs. trail do you ride?
Old 09-08-2010, 03:09 AM   #14
kaiclayton
Registered Member

Just took a long lunch to test ride the 800 GS and I'm going to have to digest the experience. I didn't end up just putting a deposit down.

One thing is that the riding experience is so different from the street bike experience that I need time to think about it, take another test rides. I obviously need to test ride some other dual-sports so there's some standard of comparison because I didn't get instant evil grins, the way I did with the Triump
Old 09-08-2010, 05:23 AM   #15
pplassm
Founding Member

Wait for it...........
Old 10-30-2010, 11:12 PM   #16
Mollygrubber
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Not happy with the stock suspension, eh? BTW, what percentage road vs. trail do you ride?
I can't say I'm not happy with OEM, it does everything I need it to. I'd say (like most honest riders) the real limitation of the bike is my skill, or lack of it. However, a little upgrade couldn't hurt... . As far as % road to trail, I'm about 90-10 at the moment. I commute every day, and ride off-road on the weekends I'm not working or otherwise committed. The stock suspension is fine on fire roads, it only suffers in the rough stuff.
Mollygrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #17
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollygrubber View Post
I can't say I'm not happy with OEM, it does everything I need it to. I'd say (like most honest riders) the real limitation of the bike is my skill, or lack of it. However, a little upgrade couldn't hurt... . As far as % road to trail, I'm about 90-10 at the moment. I commute every day, and ride off-road on the weekends I'm not working or otherwise committed. The stock suspension is fine on fire roads, it only suffers in the rough stuff.
Aaahhhh... gotcha.