Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Motorcycle.com Best of 2010 Awards (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/16198-motorcycle-com-best-2010-awards.html)

Administrator 08-25-2010 01:50 PM

Motorcycle.com Best of 2010 Awards

Original Article:
Motorcycle.com Best of 2010 Awards

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Motorcycle.com Best of 2010 Awards in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

pushrod 08-25-2010 02:02 PM

Where is the cologne winner?

But otherwise, a very nice compendium of some awesome machinery!

Thanks, guys!

Now, if you could fix the image admin issues with the website...

Oh, and... First Post!

jmdonald 08-25-2010 02:38 PM

Right on the Money

I can't argue with any of the picks. I keep looking for something to criticize in your reviews but always find them spot on. It's a miracle knowing that some of you are from Canada.(Just kidding).

Kevin_Duke 08-25-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 248258)
I can't argue with any of the picks. I keep looking for something to criticize in your reviews but always find them spot on.

Amazing to find someone on our forum who feels no need to byotch about something! I'll have to write this in my diary.

Kevin_Duke 08-25-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 248254)
Where is the cologne winner?

But otherwise, a very nice compendium of some awesome machinery!

Thanks, guys!

Now, if you could fix the image admin issues with the website...

Oh, and... First Post!

Thanks, 'Rod. What is this image admin issue you speak of? Only on the forum?

Patrick-of-the-Hills 08-25-2010 04:46 PM

Revolutions

I have to confess to a dose of schadenfreude: Everyone expected this to be Honda's year with the new VFR, yet Shamu has gotten middling reviews - and up comes stodgy old BMW to simply destroy all before it with the S1000RR. Good to see fat-and-complicated taken down a few pegs while witnessing a gleeful shakeup in the status quo.

New (model) year's wish? More budget bikes, more everyday machines, more ways to spread the sport to the uninitiated. This means you, Honda; remember from whence you came, and know that this still can and should be done. Also waiting to see how KTM's small-bike initiative works out for us. I know it's not going to happen immediately, but hopefully the powers that be will have that realization soon.

acecycleins 08-25-2010 05:26 PM

Great read, Dukester and the boys. 'cept for the Downtown. Thought fer sure the Tmax was the best scooter going, but I'm no pro moto-journo.

Kevin_Duke 08-25-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 248269)
Great read, Dukester and the boys. 'cept for the Downtown. Thought fer sure the Tmax was the best scooter going, but I'm no pro moto-journo.

From a motorcyclist's perspective, the Tmax makes a great case for itself. But we had to defer to our scooter correspondent, Steve Guzman, for the picks in this category, as he spends more time on the little-wheeled things than does our core staff. I'm also a fan of the MP3 for its boldness and innovation.

Kenneth_Moore 08-26-2010 05:19 AM

Electric motorcycles. Airbag riding suits. Dual-clutch motorcycle transmissions. Electronically controlled suspensions. All presented as consumer commodities.

Remarkable.

pushrod 08-26-2010 06:25 AM

KD,

Image admin, or handling of images on the forum has been pretty much an impossibility since v2.0 rolled out.

Anyone wishing to provide imagery must post it to imageshack or similar, then provide a link, as the engine provided in this forum no-workee.

And then there is the irritating warning at the top of the page, that doesn't appear to affect anything. It's been there for a couple of moths now. It reads:

faultCode0faultStringWarning:Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /usr/sites/motorcycle.com/www/forum/search.php(1928) : eval()'d code on line 103

(the smiley face is actually a "eight)")

But again, this thread is a nice 'Winner's Circle.' An amazing collection of technology!