Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
norsky71
Registered Member

Question Thinking about another bike need opinions!

Have an 84 honda Magna which I like but as it gets older problems have been an issue. Thinking new 1300 vstar or 1300 vtx both new but 2008's. Need some help deciding!
norsky71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
TheCycleGuy
Registered Member

There are very few bad motorcycles out there these days. My advice is to buy the one that inspires the most lust by just looking at it.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:30 AM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

Have you sat on both? Personally, I'm a Yamaha guy in this case, but there are tons of aftermarket parts for the VTX. Maybe it comes down to what the dealer is willing to do for you so they don't have to give another birthday party for the bikes. I'd ask for a free service contract or gap coverage and tire and wheel protection or your break-in service and the first major. Workem' over and see what you can get.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Decisions, decisions.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsky71 View Post
Have an 84 honda Magna which I like but as it gets older problems have been an issue. Thinking new 1300 vstar or 1300 vtx both new but 2008's. Need some help deciding!
Pick the bike that looks best to you and consider which dealer you like best also.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote