Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-20-2010, 12:42 AM   #21
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Okay. I have to ask. What's up with the Dr. Spock wings out front? Are those supposed to be highway/crash bars? I'd be interested to know what others' thoughts are on that particular feature.
Yep, fancy crash/highway bars. I thought they might be a structural element, but a Vic engineer says no. If you don't like the Spock style, Vic also offers regular ol' tubular crash bars.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #22
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by harme View Post
I test rode a Cross Country at a Victory Dealer (well, more like a Jap bike dealer with a fex Victory's sprinkled in). I really liked it. Vrey comfy for me. I'm six feet, so the buffeting killed my head. Luckily I can get a Laminar Lip for it, which would probably solve that.

Might trade in my 03 Nomad when I get back from Afghanistan!
Vic has 3 available windshields for the CC. I've tried the short one (buffeting but stylish) and the tall one (more shelter with different buffeting). The hot setup is apparently the Flip windscreen (Pure Polaris : Online Store.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #23
Matt7even
Registered Member

Default Exciting

It's exciting to see an American motorcycle focused on performance, handling, & technology again. I think Victory could find it's self a nice nitch between the retro, premium priced HD/Indians and the modern, value driven metrics. Most of the Vics I see are in and around major cities though. Lots of Vegas and Visions. I think the main thing they need to work on is expanding their dealer network even though the economy is likely to put a damper on that for the time being at least.
Matt7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #24
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Japanese bikes are going up in price due to Dollar/Yen imbalance that is getting worse. This may actually help Victory (and Harley) on the pricing front.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #25
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Japanese bikes are going up in price due to Dollar/Yen imbalance that is getting worse. This may actually help Victory (and Harley) on the pricing front.
Oh - agreed, definitely. It's in the "WHY pay the same amount for the 'Wannabe' bike as the 'Real Thing'?" category.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #26
anrajala
Founding Member

>The 106-incher comes in two states of tune. The Stage 1 version
>in Victory’s touring lineup produces a claimed 92 hp and 109 ft-lbs
>of torque. The cruisers receive the slightly hotter Stage 2 iteration
>with lumpier cams claiming 97 hp and 113 ft-lbs

This calls for a good HD-Victory comparo. What do you have to do for a Harley run neck-to-neck? Would big bore kit be enough?

I have full respect for Polaris' engineering prowess. When Polaris won the snowmobile comparo and rubbed the face of marques like Yamaha in the snow for a good measure (after reaming their butt without vaseline), I knew there's a company in America that has Engineers.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #27
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
>The 106-incher comes in two states of tune. The Stage 1 version
>in Victory’s touring lineup produces a claimed 92 hp and 109 ft-lbs
>of torque. The cruisers receive the slightly hotter Stage 2 iteration
>with lumpier cams claiming 97 hp and 113 ft-lbs

This calls for a good HD-Victory comparo. What do you have to do for a Harley run neck-to-neck? Would big bore kit be enough?

I have full respect for Polaris' engineering prowess. When Polaris won the snowmobile comparo and rubbed the face of marques like Yamaha in the snow for a good measure (after reaming their butt without vaseline), I knew there's a company in America that has Engineers.

- cruiz-euro
I don't yet have independent dyno data to confirm. Harley's TC110 claims 115 ft-lbs of torque, slightly below the Vic's 106, which probably has the edge in peak hp. It's worthy of further investigation.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #28
notabiker
Registered Member

my friend had a 07 96 inch night train. slips,big air kit and a power commander dyno tune. results 69 RWHP. that is not OK. it was a fun bike to ride i admit.
notabiker is offline   Reply With Quote