Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #11
pushrod
Founding Member

I'm all over the success of another marque.

However, even with a 'local' dealer, I seldom see a Victory on the road. Or parked, for that matter.

'Course, we do have one asshat that runs around here on a Vision, wearing sandals, cutoffs, wifebeater t-shirt and a backwards ballcap.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #12
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I like the model that has an a$$-end like a bumble bee. Mayb paint it black and yellow?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
I'm all over the success of another marque.

However, even with a 'local' dealer, I seldom see a Victory on the road. Or parked, for that matter.

'Course, we do have one asshat that runs around here on a Vision, wearing sandals, cutoffs, wifebeater t-shirt and a backwards ballcap.
Well Sir,

I see a few around here, sir. There are a couple of Visions (which look slightly less outlandish in person). And I've seen a few of the others. I couldn't say which models, though, sir. A friend has a Vegas... it's his 2nd Victory. They are usually buried in a crowd of Harleys. And in summer Utah is buried in Harleys. You can't swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting one.

This is a big change since up until this year I've only seen a total of 3 on the road, sir.

Thank you Lieutenant sir.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #14
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Well Sir,

I see a few around here, sir. There are a couple of Visions (which look slightly less outlandish in person). And I've seen a few of the others. I couldn't say which models, though, sir. A friend has a Vegas... it's his 2nd Victory. They are usually buried in a crowd of Harleys. And in summer Utah is buried in Harleys. You can't swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting one.

This is a big change since up until this year I've only seen a total of 3 on the road, sir.

Thank you Lieutenant sir.

Ummm...you've got something on your chin sailor, and it Lt. Commander, now go change a light bulb or something...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Ummm...you've got something on your chin sailor, and it Lt. Commander, now go change a light bulb or something...
I'm not sure how to act around officers. I saw so damm few of them when I was on the river I guess I never learned how.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #16
notabiker
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Was that the "Pipe-Full O' Fun Kit, Number 7"?
the stock air box on my 8 ball is very restrictive. it ran out of power way before red line [ 5,800 rpm. with a S&S air kit and a 2-1 performance exhaust with re program it has 96 rwhp and turned 108 at out local drag strip. now i hit the rev limiter all the time.
the M 109 and v rod and my 8 ball all are within 1 mph and 1/10 et at the track.
the m 109 had the same mods my 8 ball has . the SE V ROD already has up grades stock.
notabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #17
12er
Founding Member

If I were to turn to the dark side, A Vic would probably be it. I dont know if its me or what but they seem roomier than a Hog. The original 8 ball fit nicely at the IMS a few years ago. Still dont want to put all that pressure on my lower back though.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I'm not sure how to act around officers. I saw so damm few of them when I was on the river I guess I never learned how.

Well hell it's dangerous on them little boats, what with Victor Charles ready to pop an RPG up your backside and all....... why a felleh' could get hurt that way.

Much safer on a regular steel boat and the bigger the better!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #19
harme
Founding Member

I test rode a Cross Country at a Victory Dealer (well, more like a Jap bike dealer with a fex Victory's sprinkled in). I really liked it. Vrey comfy for me. I'm six feet, so the buffeting killed my head. Luckily I can get a Laminar Lip for it, which would probably solve that.

Might trade in my 03 Nomad when I get back from Afghanistan!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #20
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Okay. I have to ask. What's up with the Dr. Spock wings out front? Are those supposed to be highway/crash bars? I'd be interested to know what others' thoughts are on that particular feature.