Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #31
notabiker
Registered Member

i own a 04 z 1000 . it does not vibrate much. my zrx was more buzzy than my z 1000. i would love to see a proper shoot out between a fresh 03-06 z 1000 and the new one. my friend has a 2010 z 1000. nice bike. BETTER ? not in my book.
the 04 vrs 2010 weight is very close. the 04 holds 1 more gallon of fuel . so both are around 480 lbs. my 04 had 122 rwhp stock.
the new z 1000 does have MUCH more mid range power . i am sure all the new bits [ frame.brakes etc] help on the race track. i do not race my bike. my friend and i swap bikes all the time on rides. he always has something nice to say about my older bike being just as good as his new one. is the new z 1000 a better bike yes a little. does it look as nice as the 03-06 z 1000 for my taste NO. i just do not like all that plastic. most people would like the new z 1000 over the 03-06 z 1000. but some of us see something in the first gen z 1000 that others do not . their is something very special about the 03-06 ZED.
notabiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #32
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

I liked the old Z (see project bike link above), but the new one is clearly better. Engine performance, vibration, brakes, suspension, chassis, etc. The previous Z1K is definitely fun, but the new one is much better polished.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #33
cloud9
Registered Member

Default Ujm

The z1000 to me represents the UJM of not to long ago. The way I see it with the support from the aftermarket companies; you can still make it whatever you want. Glad Kawasaki decided to give it one more try. Hopefully it's a sale success to continue on.

Insane are called those who deal with death

Masters are called those who seal the deal

Legends are called anyone of those who die in their quest.
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #34
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
The z1000 to me represents the UJM of not to long ago. The way I see it with the support from the aftermarket companies; you can still make it whatever you want. Glad Kawasaki decided to give it one more try. Hopefully it's a sale success to continue on.
Ditto... Stay tuned for more about it as we bolt on some stuff to make it better.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #35
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Ditto... Stay tuned for more about it as we bolt on some stuff to make it better.
Ooohhh, goodie! Can't wait!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #36
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
This was one of my favorite articles from 2010. Definitely worth a revival!

BTW, Danger, did I miss the update of the Kawi Z1000 series?
Old 09-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #37
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
This was one of my favorite articles from 2010. Definitely worth a revival!

BTW, Danger, did I miss the update of the Kawi Z1000 series?
Revisiting old stuff is just another advantage the interweb has over print!

And, no, you didn't miss anything. Kawi had other plans for its Z and took it back before we could have our way with it.