Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Honda CBR125R Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/16026-2010-honda-cbr125r-review.html)

Administrator 08-09-2010 11:48 AM

2010 Honda CBR125R Review

Original Article:
2010 Honda CBR125R Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Honda CBR125R Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 08-09-2010 12:22 PM

Honda See-Eh-Ehn (CAN) has been importing these successfully for what now, Three Years?

You can either take a chance, and work to MAKE a Market for something, or you can take a chance, and sit on your hands and expect that the big Red Wing and "H" in your name on the side of the tank will cause people to throw buckets of money at you, and then whine and bytch about what slobs the Consumers are when they don't.

Honda US can Blow Me.

Dr_Sprocket 08-09-2010 03:34 PM

Too bad -- so sad, USA! No soup for you!

At least our friendly neighbors to the north get to enjoy this decent-looking, newb-friendly scoot!

Duken4evr 08-09-2010 05:47 PM

So much cooler than a flying lawn chair Ruckus, for not that much more. Bikes like this are really fun to point downhill on a twisty road too.

Bring the 450cc version ;)

acecycleins 08-09-2010 06:09 PM

As professional motorcycle insurance man I wish that these were available for sale to our "youts". As a 260lbs man I wish I didn't look like a clown playing with one- if available. As an American I can only wish they come up with a clever grass roots club racing class so we have a reason to send Duke to Canada to pick up a dozen for the MOron Racing Team to play with when MO does it's Across America tour.

Clawbrant 08-10-2010 03:06 AM

Over 5 grand for a Rebel! At first I thought that was a misprint, then I realized, that is how much they have to pay in Canada. And the trend continues: 9 grand for a shadow 750, almost 16 for a cbr1000rr. And that is USD not loonies. After seeing those numbers I will never be jealous of canadian honda buyers again. Well, unless they get the cb1100.

Duken4evr 08-10-2010 06:24 AM

Canada does have high taxes. They also don't have a giant deficit. Darn Canucks. I don't like their taxes, but do respect that they understand there is no free lunch.

Back to the little Honda, it occurs to me, for the asking price it really should come with 1 cylinder off a CBR600 making about 25 hp. That would be cool.

Seems to me there is a disconnect when the asking prices for these bikes are nearly double what I think they should be. Who wants to pay 5 grand for a CRF230 or $3,500 for this bike, even in Canada? If it had a 15,000 rpm redline and the CBR600 tech top end, maybe.

ducatirdr 08-10-2010 07:01 AM

Why not USA?

1 Attachment(s)
This is the perfect bike for my daughter who is 18 years old and rides a scooter around now. She LOVES sport bikes and hates Harleys. She thinks cruiser bikes are for old people. Can't say I don't blame her. The H-D demographics are getting older with each year. New blood in our hobby tend to be interested in SPORT bikes.

Besides the Ninja 250 there is nothing small enough in sportbike guise to fit her size. Matter of fact the Ninja 250 is too tall for her. What's a dad to do?

Come on Honda sell this bike in the USA like Harley did its Sportster. Buy this bike and in one year you can trade it in for full value toward any 600cc on up bike. This does two things. It creates a cheap entry level bike that kids can learn to ride on that looks cool while hopefully keeping the newbie from a 100 plus bhp bike as a first cycle.

These bikes eventually fall into the hands of the people with little money and use them for cheap transportation. They become brand loyal to Honda so when they have more money walk into the Honda dealer. The world smiles again at little Honda's being used as transport.

seruzawa 08-10-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducatirdr (Post 247318)
This is the perfect bike for my daughter who is 18 years old and rides a scooter around now. She LOVES sport bikes and hates Harleys. She thinks cruiser bikes are for old people. Can't say I don't blame her. The H-D demographics are getting older with each year. New blood in our hobby tend to be interested in SPORT bikes.

Besides the Ninja 250 there is nothing small enough in sportbike guise to fit her size. Matter of fact the Ninja 250 is too tall for her. What's a dad to do?

Come on Honda sell this bike in the USA like Harley did its Sportster. Buy this bike and in one year you can trade it in for full value toward any 600cc on up bike. This does two things. It creates a cheap entry level bike that kids can learn to ride on that looks cool while hopefully keeping the newbie from a 100 plus bhp bike as a first cycle.

These bikes eventually fall into the hands of the people with little money and use them for cheap transportation. They become brand loyal to Honda so when they have more money walk into the Honda dealer. The world smiles again at little Honda's being used as transport.

Honda's pricing would put the 125 about the same as a Ninja 250. I doubt more than a handful would sell. Aside from the brand loyal nuts no one would touch one.

Kevin_Duke 08-10-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 247316)
Back to the little Honda, it occurs to me, for the asking price it really should come with 1 cylinder off a CBR600 making about 25 hp. That would be cool.

I like this idea!