Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #21
Voyager
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
No, actually I don't......to each his own but I wouldn't ride one.
You asked if I 'feel this is an improvement' so your opinion is irrelevant as all I did was give you an answer.
Quote:
I'm trying to be kind here but I think you must be mad to ride something like that in traffic, you're way to low for good visibility and anything larger than a Yaris won't see you, unless you get 100 miles to the gallon or just delight in being eccentric I can't imagine why you wouldn't ride a nice BMW GS 650 or Honda Hornet instead..
All comments based on nothing other than your complete ignorance.

Fantastic.
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
You asked if I 'feel this is an improvement' so your opinion is irrelevant as all I did was give you an answer.

All comments based on nothing other than your complete ignorance.

Fantastic.
You non-stop insulting arrogance is about to get you a nice time-out.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #23
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Maybe hes just arrogant because people laugh and flip him the bird all day long saying "Get the hell outta the way wanker!"
Old 08-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #24
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Maybe hes just arrogant because people laugh and flip him the bird all day long saying "Get the hell outta the way wanker!"

ROFLMAO, I'm sure that's it...........but you know, change comes slowly to us unenlightened ones, we need progressive thinkers like Voyager and those stupid ass-holes on recumbent bicycle's to lead us onward and upward......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #25
Voyager
Registered Member

Quote:
ROFLMAO, I'm sure that's it...........but you know, change comes slowly to us unenlightened ones, we need progressive thinkers like Voyager and those stupid ass-holes on recumbent bicycle's to lead us onward and upward......
But I'm not trying to 'lead' anyone 'onward and upward'.

Just as Marcus Aurelius discovered millennia ago, there are a vast number of fools in the world. It is a large and challenging professional task to correct the idiocy of just one fool. We have a expensive apparatus of schools and courts, officials and even armies to keep fools from doing stupid things.

I would collapse with exhaustion and stress if I set out on a one-person crusade to go round correcting every fool I encounter. However, being polite, of course I will answer questions. Which is all I have been doing here.

But I don't see why I should accept being abused and mocked for doing so.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #26
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I'm not seein' how (other than the recumbent seating and trunk - and even not then) this is "An immense-improvement on the motorised bicycles" all us Unenlightened ride.

How do you Post at Rail-crossings, or on rutted or gravel roads? What do you do when your "load" in the trunk shifts its center of gravity mid-corner? How do you deal with heavy inclement-weather? (I can see the bodywork would likely deflect anything shy of a monsoon) These appear to be the perfect machine to force rain to pool in your crotch. And finally, this appears to be quite similar to the "Cruiser" gynecological position - I've ridden Cruisers a few times before, and even soft-tails with forward pegs put one heluva strain on my lower-back (unlike the slightly-forward, pegs beneath me position of my HawkGTs, my FZ6, or even the rolling-couch of my PC800)

While possibly tinged with smidgen of sardonicism, these are Legitimate questions I'm asking, and I genuinely am interested to know the answers to them.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #27
Voyager
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
I'm not seein' how (other than the recumbent seating and trunk - and even not then) this is "An immense-improvement on the motorised bicycles" all us Unenlightened ride.
Who are you quoting?
Quote:
How do you Post at Rail-crossings, or on rutted or gravel roads?
I don't know what 'Post' means.
Quote:
What do you do when your "load" in the trunk shifts its center of gravity mid-corner?
It is not a car. It doesn't. You lean into bends so there is no centrifugal force acting on the load as you corner so it doesn't shift.
Quote:
How do you deal with heavy inclement-weather? (I can see the bodywork would likely deflect anything shy of a monsoon) These appear to be the perfect machine to force rain to pool in your crotch.
Quite the opposite - you stay dryer than you do behind a touring faring. You get wet eventually of course but the heater makes you feel a lot better than those shivering out in the wind chill of their motorised bicycles.
Quote:
And finally, this appears to be quite similar to the "Cruiser" gynecological position - I've ridden Cruisers a few times before, and even soft-tails with forward pegs put one heluva strain on my lower-back (unlike the slightly-forward, pegs beneath me position of my HawkGTs, my FZ6, or even the rolling-couch of my PC800)
Do you drive a car? Fly a plane? They have seats with supportive seat backs and (if properly designed) don't cause back strain. The opposite in fact.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #28
MOKE1K
Registered Member

A HEATER? And you call yourself a motorcyclist!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #29
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Who are you quoting?
Well, guess. It's more of a "paraphrase" than an actual quote.

Quote:
I don't know what 'Post' means.
post -verb; to rise from and descend to the saddle in accordance with the rhythm of a horse at a trot. Addendum: OR a Motorcycle as it is ridden over an unavoidable object (such as a Rail Crossing) lying in the machine's path. Or say, across a washboarded roadway or a gravel surface in-order to afford the rider another "suspension" and way to shift the center-of-gravity forward for more control. Sometimes called "standing on the pegs".

Quote:
It is not a car. It doesn't. You lean into bends so there is no centrifugal force acting on the load as you corner so it doesn't shift.
Bullshirt. That "theory" only works in theory. I've got top-boxes on two of my bikes (one of which actually has a "built-in" trunk in-addition to the removable top-box). Mechanics of Locomotion are exactly the same between my motorised bicycles, and your infinitely-more-advanced motorised bicycle. I've had to stop and "adjust" items in them more than a few times. If it wasn't for the fact that I had a "ready" frame of mind, and the ability to "get off" the seat of the bike instead of reclining inside it, I most-likely would have crashed. I know of people that HAVE crashed due to item-shift.

Quote:
Quite the opposite - you stay dryer than you do behind a touring faring. You get wet eventually of course but the heater makes you feel a lot better than those shivering out in the wind chill of their motorised bicycles.
So does my riding-gear, heated handgrips, and heated vest. I've ridden comfortably well-into sub-freezing temperatures, and ridden (although I wouldn't call it "comfortable") in temperatures as low as 8-degrees Farenheit (about minus-10 Centigrade, if my mem'ry calculation is correct). Not in precipitation, though. Only a Fool would ride willingly in such on a single-track vehicle (that's not properly equipped with say, spiked tires).

Quote:
Do you drive a car? Fly a plane? They have seats with supportive seat backs and (if properly designed) don't cause back strain. The opposite in fact.
Does your car lean-into turns (wait, don't answer that! ) - does your FOUR-WHEELED car lean-into turns? Are you required to "get out of the seat" in-order complete said-same turn?

Nay. In fact - I have a harness that I installed in one of my autos for racing - in-order to hold me in place securely so I WON'T move-about, especially in the event of a spin and/or (God Forbid!) a crash.

But then, the car has an entirely different mechanism by which it turns, than a single-track vehicle.

Same for an Airplane, though the sensation is similar to a Moto, although you are moving through 3-dimensions rather than 2 when turning (but you're still fastened-in securely).

However, I would never consider a seat that's suitable for an automobile for use in an aircraft (if it were even FAA legal), and never seriously consider either for use on a single-track vehicle. Each is designed for a different task, and what works well for one might "work" but poorly for the next.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 08-10-2010 at 05:04 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #30
Voyager
Registered Member

Quote:
Well, guess. It's more of a "paraphrase" than an actual quote.
Well I 'guess' you shouldn't make assumptions.
Quote:
post -verb; to rise from and descend to the saddle in accordance with the rhythm of a horse at a trot. Addendum: OR a Motorcycle as it is ridden over an unavoidable object (such as a Rail Crossing) lying in the machine's path. Or say, across a washboarded roadway or a gravel surface in-order to afford the rider another "suspension" and way to shift the center-of-gravity forward for more control. Sometimes called "standing on the pegs".
Never heard it call that before. Is it in common use in the US? Where did you get the dictionary quote from?

Anyway why would you need to 'post'? I 'guess' you don't need to stand up in your automobile when crossing a rough surface. It's the same on my bike.
Quote:
Bullshirt. That "theory" only works in theory....I know of people that HAVE crashed due to item-shift.
Gear moving around in the top box causing a crash? Another thing I've never heard of.

Without looking at this in more detail I would consider if there was enough weight in a tip box to topple even a high center of gravity motorised bicycle when it shifts I suspect it would have to have been appallingly badly overloaded in the first place. I know stuff stays where I put it in my storage.
Quote:
So does my riding-gear, heated handgrips, and heated vest.
I'm sure. But with a heater and properly designed bodywork you don't need to dress up in much more than regular outdoor clothing so it make the bike more usable as regular transport.
Quote:
Not in precipitation, though. Only a Fool would ride willingly in such on a single-track vehicle (that's not properly equipped with say, spiked tires).
You don't ride when it is wet?
Quote:
Does your car lean-into turns? Are you required to "get out of the seat" in-order complete said-same turn?
No. You are not 'required' to employ gymnastics and 'get out of the seat' of my bike either. You only have to do that because shifting the high center of gravity side to side is so slow. Imagine an inverted pendulum - the shorter the arc the quicker (and easier) the bike changes direction.

Quote:
However, I would never consider a seat that's suitable for an automobile for use in an aircraft (if it were even FAA legal), and never seriously consider either for use on a single-track vehicle. Each is designed for a different task, and what works well for one might "work" but poorly for the next.
Well, you'd be wrong. The seatback on my bike is from a Volvo 240.