Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #11
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Apparently styling wasn't a consideration; that Brammo is BFU. And all of these look pointless compared to a gas scooter.

Too bad you didn't get an Empulse to try.

No, no, no. You missed the point, Ken. E-bikes are cute, get it?

You may pass on the Enertia, but when you get your new Empulse, head on down to Jamba Juice (if they're in FLA) and mingle with socially and environmentally progressive youngins. It could add a whole new dimension to your social life!

A couple weeks ago, I saw Brian Wissman riding the Empulse at Monterery's Cannery Row during Laguna Seca weekend. He was ahead of an entourage of Enertias. The prototype is too precious for them to hand over to me to potentially break doing burnouts, like I did their Enertia.
Jeff Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cobb View Post
mingle with socially and environmentally progressive youngins. It could add a whole new dimension to your social life!
Yeah. I know some. One dimension.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #13
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Always room for One More!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #14
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post

It's all in good humor, my friends.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #15
skadamo
Founding Member

Quote:
The prototype is too precious for them to hand over to me to potentially break doing burnouts, like I did their Enertia.
Broke the Enertia, your holding out on us.

That is cool you are talking to Bill Dube. Hope he can help you out. I don't know much about dynos, did not know it was that difficult to measure rpm on an electric motor. Might explain why it is rare to see a dyno run for them.

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #16
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Don't get corny on us, cobb.

Hahhahhagwfwasnortchuckleteehee
Old 08-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #17
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Don't get corny on us, cobb.

Hahhahhagwfwasnortchuckleteehee

You do not know me well enough – actually at all, sir – to be speaking to me like this. Especially as a part time writer for MO, and a moderator.

Get to know me first, then maybe I'll know where you're coming from. At this point, your play on my name is the only corniness I see.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #18
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skadamo View Post
Broke the Enertia, your holding out on us.

That is cool you are talking to Bill Dube. Hope he can help you out. I don't know much about dynos, did not know it was that difficult to measure rpm on an electric motor. Might explain why it is rare to see a dyno run for them.

Thanks for the info.
You bet. We hope to have torque figs next time. Bill verified a simple formula, but how to measure it, we've not totally figured out.

Since you say I've held back, I'll tell you on another note that Bill says he has an "eBay special" wind turbine from a science project he bought, and intends to reverse this generator into a motor for a 1000 hp or so e-drag bike with less weight than a top fueler. He's practically a rocket scientist, and sounds like he has the know-how to do it, potentially pushing e-drag bikes into the low 6s.

As for breaking the Enertia, my apologies to Brammo. I made it sound like a joke, but the rest of the story is they'd loaned me a personal bike – without telling me it was not from a demo fleet. As I told their people, I'd not have been as hard on it if I'd known. It was not designed for burnouts. Once it stalled, and had to be re-booted. The second time it broke completely and needed an estimated 4-5 hrs work to fix. (And I never even spooled up the tire, 'cause I hate to waste a perfectly good one on a kid's trick. It just stalled and went clunk. Was just testing the limits, you know?)

When I get a chance to ride the Empulse, I'll ask them what to expect, and take better care of it ...
Old 08-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #19
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Yes, quite, indeed.

Quote:
You do not know me well enough – actually at all, sir – to be speaking to me like this. Especially as a part time writer for MO, and a moderator.

Get to know me first, then maybe I'll know where you're coming from. At this point, your play on my name is the only corniness I see.
Indeed!

I will have my second contact your second if you please Sir!

This was supposed to be a joke, seeing as I have, how many variations of "Cuddy" the adolescent mind can think up, I was merely
hoping as it were, to ingnite a spark of comradrie betwix us Sir, a common life experience, that of having ones name murdered at every obtaiable chance possible.

But now Sir, you have by some means of rudeness transformed that chance into something tawdry, soiled if you may.

Harumph I say. Harumph sir. I will have my satisfaction!

Fie & Pox
MC
Old 08-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #20
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Indeed!

I will have my second contact your second if you please Sir!

This was supposed to be a joke, seeing as I have, how many variations of "Cuddy" the adolescent mind can think up, I was merely
hoping as it were, to ingnite a spark of comradrie betwix us Sir, a common life experience, that of having ones name murdered at every obtaiable chance possible.

But now Sir, you have by some means of rudeness transformed that chance into something tawdry, soiled if you may.

Harumph I say. Harumph sir. I will have my satisfaction!

Fie & Pox
MC

No problem Matt. You never know till you ask.

Camaraderie is always welcome. PM me, give me your #, and I'll give you a call, if you'd like.