Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
notabiker
Registered Member

Default a real sit up true sport bike

if you want a real sport bike but want good comfort the 03-06 Z 1000 is the best choice in my book. it has all the right sport bike looks. other naked or street fighters are very cool but they do not look like a proper super sport. i know 125 RWHP will not impress some sport bike riders.
before i bought my 04 Z 1000 i wanted another pure sport bike, but i just did not want to deal with a sore neck,back,wrists etc. maybe a true sport bike is better at a track day . but in the canyon 155 HP is not usable. at 125 HP and under 470 lbs my Z 1000 can do it all. my friend just got a 2010 z 1000. kawa went APE with the plastic crap WHY. i just cant get over the looks. the only thing people knock about the looks of my 04 is the 4 mufflers. i agree. my bike has a full stainless MUZZY. 4 into 1
notabiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabiker View Post
if you want a real sport bike but want good comfort the 03-06 Z 1000 is the best choice in my book. it has all the right sport bike looks. other naked or street fighters are very cool but they do not look like a proper super sport. i know 125 RWHP will not impress some sport bike riders.
before i bought my 04 Z 1000 i wanted another pure sport bike, but i just did not want to deal with a sore neck,back,wrists etc. maybe a true sport bike is better at a track day . but in the canyon 155 HP is not usable. at 125 HP and under 470 lbs my Z 1000 can do it all. my friend just got a 2010 z 1000. kawa went APE with the plastic crap WHY. i just cant get over the looks. the only thing people knock about the looks of my 04 is the 4 mufflers. i agree. my bike has a full stainless MUZZY. 4 into 1
The Zed is a seriously underappreciated bike here in the US of A.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

I'd rather have the newer model. Better everything. Already have a Z750S as a commuter bike, though. And the people who complain about sore neck, back, and wrists need to use heli bars and support themselves with their cores. I never have any wrist issues with my XX. Having said that, that Triumph 675 might need a taller set of heli bars than are currently available.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
notabiker
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
I'd rather have the newer model. Better everything. Already have a Z750S as a commuter bike, though. And the people who complain about sore neck, back, and wrists need to use heli bars and support themselves with their cores. I never have any wrist issues with my XX. Having said that, that Triumph 675 might need a taller set of heli bars than are currently available.
i am sure a 2010 zed will out perform my 04 zed. but at my level of riding skill i find my 04 is up to the task. both have around 125 RWHP. both are at about 480 LBS wet. i can never use the brakes up on my 04 in the canyon.with the stock suspension adjusted firm my bike handles very good.
park my green 04 next to my friends 2010 and everybody looks and asks questions about my 04. if the 2010 looked as good as my 04 i would want one. but it does not. looks is important to me, some could care less. just look at all that unneeded plastic crap on the new zed.
saying all that i think the new zed is a very good motorcycle .
Old 07-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
... saying all that i think the new zed is a very good motorcycle .
Shuuuhhh! The new Zed Thou is smokin' hot! It's one of the few bikes I might consider trading my Ulysses in on, and that's saying alot!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #6
notabiker
Registered Member

about the 2010 ZED i have spent some time on the new ZED
COMFORT very good, stock seat no problem. it can be a daily driver
POWER very smooth and powerful at all RPMs
HANDLING the bike can do things most riders cannot do.
FUEL MILLAGE around 38-41 mpg small tank about 100 miles before fuel time, who cares most riders want a break after a 100 mile ride.
STYLE ditch the stock exhaust and fit a finder elemator . you now have a nice bike with lots of personality. put your race replica EGO away and go buy one. you and your body will be happy.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
about the 2010 ZED i have spent some time on the new ZED
COMFORT very good, stock seat no problem. it can be a daily driver
POWER very smooth and powerful at all RPMs
HANDLING the bike can do things most riders cannot do.
FUEL MILLAGE around 38-41 mpg small tank about 100 miles before fuel time, who cares most riders want a break after a 100 mile ride.
STYLE ditch the stock exhaust and fit a finder elemator . you now have a nice bike with lots of personality. put your race replica EGO away and go buy one. you and your body will be happy.
All those things are true. But I'd still rather get a Speed Triple. No denying that the Z1000 is a sweet ride though.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #8
notabiker
Registered Member

i did a demo ride on the speed triple. yes a fun bike. i liked it very much. something sweet about that 3 cyl engine. it really does fit the street fight image.
i still like my 04 ZED . so i will not be getting another bike for a while.