Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-02-2010, 06:04 AM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Brick and mortar?

A real dealership, not someone who just buys and sell off ebay with no real inventory....

I agree with you though Moke, trying to screw the dealer out of the last nickle only hurts yourself in the long run. They need to make a profit to keep the doors open and pay for decent techs

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2010, 06:30 AM   #12
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Oh, ok glad you feel the way I do. But for the people who do order bikes from these on line dealers just imagine the customer service you'll get over the when something goes wrong. I had couple of customers order bikes on line and when it arrived there was create damage. The dealer never owned up and said it was fine when it left. S.O.L
Old 08-02-2010, 06:35 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
A real dealership, not someone who just buys and sell off ebay with no real inventory....

I agree with you though Moke, trying to screw the dealer out of the last nickle only hurts yourself in the long run. They need to make a profit to keep the doors open and pay for decent techs
That's true. But then the dealers don't offer special deals to the public when they can get away with premium pricing, do they? This is why I have absolutely no sympathy for Harley dealers. They stuck it to the public really hard when they could get away with it.

What goes around comes around.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #14
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
That's true. But then the dealers don't offer special deals to the public when they can get away with premium pricing, do they? This is why I have absolutely no sympathy for Harley dealers. They stuck it to the public really hard when they could get away with it.

What goes around comes around.

I agree, Harley dealers are another story. The Vaseline tax soured me on HD's for a long time, one of the reasons I didn't get back on them for so long. There's so many other nice bikes out there why the hell would you pay $2~3k over book for a Harley? I bought mine a MSRP and actually got a break on shipping, and there's still a dealership in Tacoma that add's a grand or two to the price last time I looked, nuckin' futs if you ask me..

In fact if Triumph would have followed through with their planes for a new Trophy I'd still be on them and happy as can be. Then there's a few BMW models that catch my eye.....the Connie14 is always an option........the ever present Norge`.........

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #15
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Vaseline tax