Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
todagolu
Registered Member

Unhappy Hond Magna 2000, no start

I have a Honda Magna 2000. After a long winter the first time when I tried to get the bike started, I pushed the gas hard then suddenly the engine stopped cranking and light went off. I checked the main fuse and all the other fuses and found OK. I measured the battery and found it was fully charged then I turn the ignition switch on, the light didn`t turn on and no response to the push start, like it has no power. At this time I measure the battery with a meter and found there were no reading like a dead battery. What could go wrong?
todagolu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Unless you changed the battery, it's ten years old. From what you've posted, battery failure seems to be the most obvious possibility. You can test the theory this way:

Set up jumper cables on a good car battery. DO NOT RUN THE CAR, LEAVE IT OFF. You'll need to find a way to step down the size of the jumper cables to fit on your battery terminals. I've rigged two short wires with small clips on either end in the past. Once you've made the connection from the car battery, the Magna may light up and crank again. If so, buy a new battery.

If the Magna still doesn't respond, the main circuit breaker or fuse has probably failed. Every bike has one or two very large fuses or circuit breakers. I have no idea where the Magna's might be, but if you search along the wiring harness you'll find it. It's probably in a box under the seat. Change the fuse or reset the breaker.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
todagolu
Registered Member

Hi Kenneth:

Thank you very much for your help, the bike it now OK. Just as you said.
todagolu is offline   Reply With Quote