Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 3
Default MotoGP 2010 Laguna Seca Preview


Original Article:
MotoGP 2010 Laguna Seca Preview

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article MotoGP 2010 Laguna Seca Preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
12er
Founding Member
 
12er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF
Posts: 2,801
Default

So who all is going from the Clan of MO? If you see a head above the crowd wearing an old faded floppy hat its probably me.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
So who all is going from the Clan of MO? If you see a head above the crowd wearing an old faded floppy hat its probably me.

Kevin, Pete and I will be there. If we see someone tall in a floppy hat, we may venture to say hello -- if it's also old and faded. Otherwise, feel free to introduce yourself, if you see us.
Jeff Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:21 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

IIRC Mr. Duke and crew rode up the PCH to the race last year on some demo bikes. Is that in the works again this year?

Anybody know what the story is behind this line from the article:
Canepa would find himself 86’ed later in the year for refusing to ride without the training wheels on his bike.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
IIRC Mr. Duke and crew rode up the PCH to the race last year on some demo bikes. Is that in the works again this year?

Anybody know what the story is behind this line from the article:
Canepa would find himself 86’ed later in the year for refusing to ride without the training wheels on his bike.


We are doing a random comparo -- what constitutes a sport tourer? Comparing the VFR1200 (non-DCT), Duc Multistrada 1200S, and my personal favorite, a Kawi Z1000 with soft bags and a Laminar lip fairing extension.


Canepa -- We don't know for sure. Maybe Bruce Allen's reporting from last year in the form of snarky punditry thinly disguised?
Jeff Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #6
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cobb View Post
Canepa -- We don't know for sure. Maybe Bruce Allen's reporting from last year in the form of snarky punditry thinly disguised?
Bitter Little Man Redux!
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cobb View Post
We are doing a random comparo -- what constitutes a sport tourer? Comparing the VFR1200 (non-DCT), Duc Multistrada 1200S, and my personal favorite, a Kawi Z1000 with soft bags and a Laminar lip fairing extension.
AWESOME!!! (If only I could figure out how to put internet fingers up in the "rock on" pose, a la Dio...)
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #8
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
AWESOME!!! (If only I could figure out how to put internet fingers up in the "rock on" pose, a la Dio...)
... And just as awesome was the road test/ride up -- all done in the interest of science, of course.
Jeff Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

science is so cool.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off