Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2010 LA Calendar Motorcycle Show Report

Original Article:
2010 LA Calendar Motorcycle Show Report

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 LA Calendar Motorcycle Show Report in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
notabiker
Registered Member

not worth the 25 bucks i paid to get in. at least they had a portable dyno set up for 20 bucks. my 06 victory 8 ball made 90 RWHP. the T&A was nice as expected. only 4 bikes paid the 20 bucks for a dyno pull. it was 99 % hd. if you had ape hangers or fish tail exhaust you were a big hit. most HD riders would rather get 3 beers for 20 bucks than find out that bad ass HD they spent 30,000 on makes 70 RWHP.
a race engine turbo suzuki busa made 469 RWHP. saw the print out. he said it makes over 500 other times.
notabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabiker View Post
a race engine turbo suzuki busa made 469 RWHP. saw the print out. he said it makes over 500 other times.
Sounds like John Noonan, who has gone 260-mph-plus at Bonneville.

Too bad this year's show wasn't great. I wish they continued having supermoto races.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabiker View Post
not worth the 25 bucks i paid to get in. at least they had a portable dyno set up for 20 bucks. my 06 victory 8 ball made 90 RWHP. the T&A was nice as expected. only 4 bikes paid the 20 bucks for a dyno pull. it was 99 % hd. if you had ape hangers or fish tail exhaust you were a big hit. most HD riders would rather get 3 beers for 20 bucks than find out that bad ass HD they spent 30,000 on makes 70 RWHP.
Glad to hear you got a whopping 90 hp. Be careful with that.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

From the look of those cops all you'd have to do to avoid arrest is to drop a doughnut on the ground and walk briskly away.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

That Shinya guy does some pretty cool stuff with metal. One of the print mags ran a story on him a while back; his bikes were really amazing.

1960 honda c100 "hoon"

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 07-22-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #7
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
That Shinya guy does some pretty cool stuff with metal. One of the print mags ran a story on his a while back; his bikes were really amazing.

1960 honda c100 "hoon"
Agreed, Shinya does cool stuff with bikes.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
notabiker
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Glad to hear you got a whopping 90 hp. Be careful with that.
yes only 90 HP but with that 90 HP i have turned 12.23 et at 108 mph at the drag strip. my buddy had a suzuki M 109 with a pipe and dyno tune .he was no faster than my lowly victory.most street air cooled Hds are lucky to get out of the 13s. so aginst my peers my 8 ball does pretty good .
notabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:48 PM   #9
Jeff Cobb
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
That Shinya guy does some pretty cool stuff with metal. One of the print mags ran a story on him a while back; his bikes were really amazing.

1960 honda c100 "hoon"

Actually, I did not know who he was or his celebrity customer when I saw the two bikes he had on display -- one covered in dust, apparently from a desert ride, or some such. My eye was naturally drawn to them, especially the Ducati. I took some pics, and came back for more later. Some pretty neat design work. Very artistic, and I told him I thought so.
Jeff Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote