Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 1
Default Victory Vegas 8-Ball Project: Part 1


Original Article:
Victory Vegas 8-Ball Project: Part 1

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Victory Vegas 8-Ball Project: Part 1 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Anyone here with opinions...?
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

It's Black. And Flamed. And probably Bloody Loud with those pipes.

I'm not a "Cruiser Guy"; waddya want for nothin'? R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-rubba' Biscuit?
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

It's hard to look like a bada$$ when you're worried about wind and bugs.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #5
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
It's hard to look like a bada$$ when you're worried about wind and bugs.
Depends on what kind of chaps you wear...
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:15 PM   #6
jmdonald
Founding Member
 
jmdonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 1,291
Default Sorry

I'm sorry but I just can't pledge allegiance to the flag on this one. I feel bad about it but customizing this type of bike just doesn't do it for me. The geometry is wrong ,it costs too much.It's not a Multistrada.I feel ashamed.
__________________
Secede.
jmdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:07 AM   #7
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Default

I like a blacked out bike as much as the next, but IMHO this much black goes too far. It's the delicate balance between black that makes the chrome (or satin-ed metal) bits pop. H-D got it right in their new line of bikes. For me... meh.
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #8
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I like a blacked out bike as much as the next, but IMHO this much black goes too far. It's the delicate balance between black that makes the chrome (or satin-ed metal) bits pop. H-D got it right in their new line of bikes. For me... meh.
All right, I can accept that. It could use a few more bits of flash. We plan to change things up a bit in our next installment. It will be more interesting than this bolt-on theme, I promise.

When deciding which components to order for it, I was quite impressed by the amount of stuff available in the Vic accessories catalog. Being able to get custom parts from Victory means you can include the cost of those pieces in a new bike's financing, so you can ride away on a bike that is customized to your personal tastes.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

As a Bill Collector, I"m all for people going into more debt.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #10
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
All right, I can accept that. It could use a few more bits of flash. We plan to change things up a bit in our next installment. It will be more interesting than this bolt-on theme, I promise.

When deciding which components to order for it, I was quite impressed by the amount of stuff available in the Vic accessories catalog. Being able to get custom parts from Victory means you can include the cost of those pieces in a new bike's financing, so you can ride away on a bike that is customized to your personal tastes.
I have seen the Victory bikes up close. Their fit and finish is every bit as good as the venerable H-D. I'm not sure Victory has nearly as many "bits" to bolt on as H-D, but one can rest assured the quality of said "bits" is right up there, too!

When I have to move on to a cruiser, Victory or Triumph will be my first choice.
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off