Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-14-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
nancharamma
Registered Member

Default Benelli has fallen

The new Benelli Tre-K 899 is an important bike for the legendary Italian firm. Benelli has fallen off the radar of late. At the turn of the millennium, the firm was flying high – it had a great new motor, an inventive designer, a world superbike team and a rich owner. But the years haven't been kind to Benelli, and even after the Chinese bought in, the firm still struggles against rivals from both home and abroad. So there's a lot riding on the new Tre-K, a bike that sits right on the edge of Benelli's reputation as a sportsbike manufacturer.

Last edited by seruzawa : 07-14-2010 at 05:07 AM.
nancharamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

Wish that someone had the funds to right this ship. This company was wonderful history and good looking bikes for the marketplace. I love the scrambler. Would sell off all my toys to aquire on- only if they sold them in the US.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
notabiker
Registered Member

my buddy got a fantastic deal on a new 07 TNT 1130 street fighter. brand new [ 500 demo miles]he paid 8,500 dollars. this is a 16,000 bike. but after 3 years the dealer sold it to my friend.
i have a soft spot for naked street fighter motorcycles.i own a 2004 kawa Z 1000.
talk about a head turner. at a bike night another friend has a very trick turbo busa. not one person looked at the busa cuzz the benelli was the one everybody liked. i love riding the TNT that 1130 3 cyl engine is sweet. a very bad ass looking bike. i would love to own this bike.
notabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I remember drooling over the 6 cylinder Benelli the Triumph shop had when I was a nipper, I thought I'd seen it all with the Rocket 3 and Trident, then a SIX CYLINDER bike....well that just took the cake!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote