Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #41
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Ok I'll bite? What's BNGs?
Bold New Graphics. You know - "It's a BNG-Year at Honda for the CBR10,000RRRXXXYYYZZZ-RR!"
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #42
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Bold New Graphics. You know - "It's a BNG-Year at Honda for the CBR10,000RRRXXXYYYZZZ-RR!"
Not to be confused with "BMF" or "BUFF."
Old 07-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #43
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

OR a Biden BFD....
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #44
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Well, that's not the whole story.

The World Superstock championship uses machines much closer to production bikes, and the BMW has yet to be defeated this year.

The Aprilia Superbike has more power than the BMW. Just look at the trap speeds. The RSV4 is always at the top, and the BMW seldom is.

In the modern era, BMW has been racing at the world level for less than two years. Aprilia has won more than 120 GPs over the past two decades.
I realize that stock means stock, closer to production. I was referring more to the Superbike class. And from what I know, at the crank before they change it into a Superbike the Beemer supposedly rolls off the showroom floor with 193 claimed hp at the crank versus 180 on the Aprilia, again claimed crank hp.
Its funny that you mention Aprilias complete racing record, Once again I was only referring to these two particular bikes and how long each Bike has been racing in the Superbike Class S1000RR and the RSV4.

And I realize there are a lot of other variables, riders and such. And obviously Aprilias been at the racing for sometime now. But its also not like the Beemer guys have no experience they just lack time in Superbike racing. Guess I just rather get all worked up when BMW has a few championships under their belt. To each his own I guess.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 07-15-2010 at 11:29 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #45
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:

And I realize there are a lot of other variables, riders and such. And obviously Aprilias been at the racing for sometime now. But its also not like the Beemer guys have no experience they just lack time in Superbike racing. Guess I just rather get all worked up when BMW has a few championships under their belt. To each his own I guess.
To me, the evidence is clear that the BMW has more hp in stock form, but the Aprilia has more power in Superbike form. Good for them, and it hints at further power upgrades to come for the production bikes.

I agree that BMW will have to win a championship or two before they deserve racing plaudits. But, for production bikes, the S1000 has changed the game.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #46
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool I should have known that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Dam! I used to use that line myself?
Old 07-16-2010, 06:04 AM   #47
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
To me, the evidence is clear that the BMW has more hp in stock form, but the Aprilia has more power in Superbike form. Good for them, and it hints at further power upgrades to come for the production bikes.

I agree that BMW will have to win a championship or two before they deserve racing plaudits. But, for production bikes, the S1000 has changed the game.

Agreed they have upped the bar, exactly what the class needs. Either class. It's always more exciting to see five different brands running up front.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 07-16-2010 at 06:14 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:02 AM   #48
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
"Hate" would be something like "Everyone who doesn't ride on the track is an inferior rider" or "All cruiser riders are posers" some other bigoted hate speech like that.
Didn't say anything like that, I was referring to your improved by .00005 percent comment as you always say.
I was just wondering what liter bikes you've ridden in the past year or so. That's all, no superiority here.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Didn't say anything like that, I was referring to your improved by .00005 percent comment as you always say.
I was just wondering what liter bikes you've ridden in the past year or so. That's all, no superiority here.
Got a ride on a friend's R1 and another friend's CBR929 a couple of months back when we did some bike trading on a Saturday ride in the mountains. Liked the CBR929 better then the R1. All bikes were pretty equal on the roads which have a lot of 25-35mph hairpins. Of course on a road that tight my other friend's Duck696 had no trouble keeping up either. Aside from the Tiger that day I had the most fun on Rob's Rockster though. A pretty odd bike actually and kind of a hoot with that clunky gearbox.

The .0005% comment has been a standard feature on MO for years and years now. If I hadn't made it Buz would've. It never fails to hook someone.