Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #71
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRider View Post
LOL

I've been tempted once or twice already .. Looks like I'll have to be patient.

As a newb to this forum I congratulate various posters for their lively and entertaining contributions, which will keep me coming back. You rise to the standard of certain other forums that I frequent - bravo! Not to mention the educational value - heck I didn't even know what 'squid' (let alone 'hooning') meant. Can that be a verb or a noun btw?

Is there a motorcycle lexicon somewhere for old farts like me?

Carry on chaps ......

*munch munch*

well...."Old Fart" pretty well cover's it actually......

We call Dr. Saruzawa a "Seasoned Cyclist" because he's kind' touchy about those things but old fart seems to cover most geezers quite nicely.......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #72
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRider View Post
LOL

I've been tempted once or twice already .. Looks like I'll have to be patient.

As a newb to this forum I congratulate various posters for their lively and entertaining contributions, which will keep me coming back. You rise to the standard of certain other forums that I frequent - bravo! Not to mention the educational value - heck I didn't even know what 'squid' (let alone 'hooning') meant. Can that be a verb or a noun btw?

Is there a motorcycle lexicon somewhere for old farts like me?

Carry on chaps ......

*munch munch*
Why wait? Have at it.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #73
Duken4evr
Founding Member

I would like to see smaller engines using direct injection to achieve power parity with better fuel economy than current bikes. It is ridiculous that a small car gets better fuel economy than my motorcycle.

I fear bikes will become more complicated as cars have. The Duc Multistrada turns me off. Fantastic bike I suppose, but I don't want all that E-gadgetry in a motorcycle. Seems like a gigantic service bill waiting to happen, especially given the Italian's long history of excellence and reliability when it comes to electrical systems in their motor vehicles

Gimme direct injection, maybe a simple traction control system and smart combustion chamber / exhaust design. Just keep it simple. I would like triple with such tech, making about the same power as my current FZ1 and getting 50 mpg. That would be nice.

Last edited by Duken4evr : 07-22-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #74
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
I would like to see smaller engines using direct injection to achieve power parity with better fuel economy than current bikes. It is ridiculous that a small car gets better fuel economy than my motorcycle.
Your small car also takes about 2-1/2 to 4-times as long to go through the 1/4-mile, and probably tops-out at its full speed at least 30% slower than the bike.........

If you rode the bike the same way the car is driven, you might be seriously amazed at the mileage you get out of it.......

(But then, where's the fun in that?)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #75
SDRider
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Why wait? Have at it.
Why thank you kind Sir. I appreciate the most generous offer, but my practice on internet fora is only to start laying into the opposition when postcount >/= 100.

Doesn't seem fair otherwise - you guys deserve fair warning. I may be an old fart but I've got sharp teeth ....

Seriously, I sense that very few here take themselves too seriously while getting into debates about their beloved bikes/helmets/pipes/etc etc. This is a good and healthy thing.

Let's face it chaps: just plain surviving out there in 4-wheeldom is more than enough to occupy our serious attention. Just like (on another forum) flying 2400 lb spamcans while keeping the rubber side down and the blue side up at all times is what it's all about - the rest is stuff-and-nonsense.

Ride safe.

Last edited by SDRider : 07-22-2010 at 10:27 PM.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote