Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Triumph - the great and not so great (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/15756-triumph-great-not-so-great.html)

Kenneth_Moore 07-10-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feduke (Post 245325)
Let's see. Riding at night in Florida without a windshield. Aside from low speed bar hopping, higher speeds can be downright misreable. We have flying insects bigger than Rottweillers I have owned. Getting smacked in the knee with one of these is painful enough. I sure don't want one in the face! The Triumph winshield removes and reattaches in about 3 seconds, so daytime riding without it is no problem. Bring your bike down without a windshield and you and I will go for a night ride. I want to watch this.

Where are you in FL, feduke? I'm in Ft. Lauderdale.

And, of course, you're quite right. When K. Duke suggested opening my face shield for cooling, I knew he hadn't been riding in FL without a 'screen. Bugs, sand, rain, frijoles negros, projectile vomit. A real nightmare.

feduke 07-10-2010 11:36 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I still have the old one and it is in one piece. It just has scratches on one side. And, they don't make the quick release windshiled for the Triumph Thunderbird yet.

feduke 07-10-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 245337)
Where are you in FL, feduke? I'm in Ft. Lauderdale.

And, of course, you're quite right. When K. Duke suggested opening my face shield for cooling, I knew he hadn't been riding in FL without a 'screen. Bugs, sand, rain, frijoles negros, projectile vomit. A real nightmare.

Hi Kenneth

I'm in Daytona. You described Bike Week here quite well but the rest of the year I think Broward and Dade are a bit more like your email. Actually the locals love the bikers. For the most part they are polite, they spend money and clean up after themselves NASCAR fans, on the other hand, are not so well thought of. The city is a mess when they leave and you can hear the sighs of relief all over. I've watched them throw and break bags full of beer bottles in the middle of Speedway Boulevard and stiff local waiters and waitresses of their tips after expensive dinners. Come on down bikers. They love you here. The only real complaint we hear is loud pipes after 10:00 and 11:00 PM.

feduke 07-23-2010 10:13 AM

FINALLY!

Thanks to you guys finding a number for me, I called Triumph USA yesterday and spoke to Peter in the sales department. While this doesn't help with the other parts having been delayed we found a number was transposed in the original screen order and things had gotten very confused, better known as FUBAR. Once I explained my situation and the length of time involved Peter said they had no screens in stock without the mounting kit, but he would take the screen out of a kit and send it to me the next day, and then replace it with a new one he will order right away. If it was easier to find out how to contact the people that can make things happen it could prevent this but, I couldn't ask for any more than they were willing to do upon hearing the problem

I feel so much better about Triumph! Whew!

Thanks to all for the support and help.

Kenneth_Moore 07-23-2010 10:25 AM

feduke,

I hope to be in your town in September; it's the endpoint of the annual Cross-Florida ride. It's the weekend of 8/25 - 8/26. I usually come up for Biketoberfest too.

Maybe we can have a beer. PM me if you're interested.

feduke 07-23-2010 11:59 AM

PM sent, but lets get one for each of us.

pushrod 07-23-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feduke (Post 246478)
FINALLY!

Thanks to you guys finding a number for me, I called Triumph USA yesterday and spoke to Peter in the sales department. While this doesn't help with the other parts having been delayed we found a number was transposed in the original screen order and things had gotten very confused, better known as FUBAR. Once I explained my situation and the length of time involved Peter said they had no screens in stock without the mounting kit, but he would take the screen out of a kit and send it to me the next day, and then replace it with a new one he will order right away. If it was easier to find out how to contact the people that can make things happen it could prevent this but, I couldn't ask for any more than they were willing to do upon hearing the problem

I feel so much better about Triumph! Whew!

Thanks to all for the support and help.

Glad you got the problem resolved!

Peter is 'Da Man!' at Triumph USA! Even if he is from New Yawk. ;)