Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Honda PCX Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/15751-2011-honda-pcx-review.html)

Administrator 07-08-2010 12:13 PM

2011 Honda PCX Review
 

Original Article:
2011 Honda PCX Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Honda PCX Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Kenneth_Moore 07-10-2010 11:00 AM

These new scooters make me wish I had a lifestyle that would make one usable. Like living in the Keys, and working in a bar. Or going to school.

The video sound was pretty rough there, Fonzie. Maybe you should get one of those big, furry, microphone condoms.

Duken4evr 07-11-2010 03:12 PM

I like that it has actual wheels on it instead of the usual scooter donuts.

Ironically perhaps, this type of machine may intro the younger crowd into motorcycles. In ancient times (when I was a child) cheap dual sports like my XL100 introduced me to riding via trail ride opportunites right out my Ohio backyard. Unfortunately, such opportunities are drying up in most parts of the country. This type of machine fills the gap.

Once one gets used to bopping around town on a 125cc scooter, why not move up to a CBR1000RR next? Not as far fetched as it sounds, actually, after years of racing MX and ridng an RM125 off road, my first street bike was a Ninja 750. Somehow lived to tell the tale!

fonzie 07-12-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 245335)
These new scooters make me wish I had a lifestyle that would make one usable. Like living in the Keys, and working in a bar. Or going to school.

The video sound was pretty rough there, Fonzie. Maybe you should get one of those big, furry, microphone condoms.

Same here.... LA is way too big for scooters to be practical... ;(

I got the condom, but was using a different (still) camera to shoot that in a pinch, sorry for the wind noise. The blown over note was about the underseat storage, 24-liters if I remember correctly.
:)

fonzie 07-12-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 245399)
Once one gets used to bopping around town on a 125cc scooter, why not move up to a CBR1000RR next? Not as far fetched as it sounds, actually, after years of racing MX and ridng an RM125 off road, my first street bike was a Ninja 750. Somehow lived to tell the tale!

This is America man..... big, scary bikes first, or nothing at all! Then when you crash and burn and have to work in a bar in the Florida Keys, get a scooter. :)

The_AirHawk 07-12-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzie (Post 245425)
Same here.... LA is way too big for scooters to be practical... ;(

I got the condom, but was using a different (still) camera to shoot that in a pinch, sorry for the wind noise. The blown over note was about the underseat storage, 24-liters if I remember correctly.
:)

A piece of scotch-tape over the so-called "mic" on a point-N-click works in a pinch. Not 100%, but cuts back the noise substantially.

seruzawa 07-12-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzie (Post 245425)
Same here.... LA is way too big for scooters to be practical... ;(

What? When we lived in Hollywood my wife rode a CB125 all over the place. LA is a great place for scooters as long as you don't need to use the freeways. Even then a 250cc scooter would get you along pretty well given that the freeways are clogged much of the time.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:04 AM.