Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Brammo Enertia Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/15701-2010-brammo-enertia-review.html)

Administrator 07-05-2010 08:52 AM

2010 Brammo Enertia Review

Original Article:
2010 Brammo Enertia Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Brammo Enertia Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

SpeedwayRN 07-05-2010 10:59 AM

Hot damn! Will the take my Brutale in on trade???????

Seriously, why wouldn't I buy a Suzuki TU250 instead? Cheaper and unlimited milage and great gas milage. Gas stations are everywhere.......

These will be good 2nd or 3rd bikes for running errands but thats it. Guess I have to provide my own milk crate????

The power distribution network is just not there yet. That is the limiting factor to all these electric vehicles two and four wheels.

These probably are the future, however I'm not ready to jump in just yet. Gasoline is still cheap enough.

seruzawa 07-05-2010 11:17 AM

Yeah well Jackie Chan can afford someone to follow him around in a pickup truck.

Need more range and quicker charging. No one has a battery system even in theory that will provide what's needed. Wishing won't make it so.

Kevin_Duke 07-05-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 244934)
Need more range and quicker charging. No one has a battery system even in theory that will provide what's needed. Wishing won't make it so.

True, but some clever electrical engineers soon will. The next leap in battery design will alter the e-bike paradigm.

seruzawa 07-05-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 244939)
True, but some clever electrical engineers soon will. The next leap in battery design will alter the e-bike paradigm.

Which engineers?

SpeedwayRN 07-05-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 244940)
Which engineers?

The ones perfecting the perpetual motion machine.........snicker snicker.

mscuddy 07-05-2010 12:49 PM

I just don't get it I guess...why not a hybrid? A small four cycle powering a generator, that either charges up the batteries, runs the electric motor directly, or bypasses both and is the power unit.

I'm building a beach-going wheelchair based on the above powertrain.
Should be a fun project. Hydrastatic transmission on each rear wheel...etc.etc.

Over 300 lbs for an electric motorcycle isn't using available technology or design right. Especially one with such limited range (most likely because of the excessive weight). And at over seven thousand dollars is a real rip off.

Kevin_Duke 07-05-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 244940)
Which engineers?

The ones who want to be ungodly rich by serving a world market ripe for this innovation. I dunno when we'll see the leap, but there's so much money to be made from it that thousands of bright engineers around the world are racing to bring it to market.

Kenneth_Moore 07-05-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 244944)
The ones who want to be ungodly rich by serving a world market ripe for this innovation. I dunno when we'll see the leap, but there's so much money to be made from it that thousands of bright engineers around the world are racing to bring it to market.

You don't understand, Mr. Duke. Dr. Seruzawa is a leading physicist, engaged in battery theory and development at MIT. He knows everything there is to know about batteries, and if he says there will never be batteries that work in an electric bike, you can take that to the bank. Brammo, Zero, and the rest of them might just as well give up now.

Kenneth_Moore 07-05-2010 03:56 PM

Brammo's zero-emission bike is delivering on the promise of being a real motorcycle while offering a deep hue of environmentally-friendly greenness.

Jeff, I'm a proponent of electric motorcycles, and look forward to the day when they're available as a serious alternative to gas bike. But I have to wonder if you're a bit premature with catagorizing the Brammo as a "real motorcycle." I saw a Zero bike next to the Brammo in one of the photos, did you get to ride both? Frankly the Brammo looks a lot like the Zero, which, in my opinion after riding one, is more electric bicycle than electric motorcycle.

Comments notwithstanding, a great article, and thanks for keeping the E-Bike information flowing!